your favorite/best scary movie...

tehbrian

Baseband Member
hey guys. i hope i can find some movie gurus out there (i think i'm one but i'm stumped on this.) well my girlfriend is coming over tonight and yeah, i want to rent a scary movie. (for obvious reasons :D) but yeah, i can't think of a good scary movie, so if you guys could suggest any or put down your favorite, i would much appreciate it. thanks guys.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Jeepers Creepers are recent movies I thought were pretty suspensful and can be scary. Some of the older Halloween and Friday the 13th movies were pretty scary. I thought the Grudge was scary too.

gothika was quite good.

or a less popular but scary one is long time dead. i thought it was pretty good!

or a newish one is the ammittyville horror.

have fun

Ringu, Ringu 0, Raisen, The Shining, Ravenous (not scary, but good fun), Shutter, The Thing (again, not too scary), Society (great movie, but also not scary, though weird), American Psycho (not just your standard slasher, a thinking man's movie), Dawn of the Dead (original version), Re-Animator, Saw (gory), Ju-On (the curse, the grudge etc), The Exorcist, The Burning, The Fog (original), The Eye, Psycho 2, The Descent, Audition, The Devil's Rejects (gore), The Locker, Halloween 1 and 2, Friday the 13th, Black Christmas.

Ones in bold are those I think are the most scary.

It seems like all the original movies are the scariest. I remember The Fog (original). Man I was a little kid back then and was scared out of my mind when I saw that. Jack Nicholson in the original The Shining was very scary compared to the new Shining. Man, those were the good times. Now, they're all just repeats. :(

Resident Evil
Resident Evil Apoclypse (i can't spell that word)
Saw
And even
The Amety Ville Horror

Resident Evil? You may as well recommend Doom and Aliens Vs Predator while you're at it.:p (btw, they all suck)

the scariest movie I've seen
Stephen Kings Rose Red.

I saw it a few years ago. The next night I didn't sleep. The following ~5 nights I was so damn scared to go asleep, but still managed to do so.
And it was a great movie!

Back
Top Bottom