which one is better for gaming?

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I know AMD are better for gaming, but which one of these will perform better in gaming:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

OR

INTEL P4 3.4Ghz

I ask because me and my mate are getting new PC's for chrimbo, he's getting the INTEL, I'm getting the AMD.

Thanks

let's say that both computers have exactly the same parts, then which is the best, the INTEL or the AMD?

THose 2 CPU's are very close in matching each other's performance but I'm going to stick with AMD because of it's onboard memory controllers and the fact that it's 64-bits is pretty good.

Oh, yeah, another question:

Assuming all the other parts of the PC are good, will an AMD 3000+ be able to play all new and upcoming games well?, or should I upgrade to a 3500+ as soon as possible?

Lac3y said:
Oh, yeah, another question:

Assuming all the other parts of the PC are good, will an AMD 3000+ be able to play all new and upcoming games well?, or should I upgrade to a 3500+ as soon as possible?

You know what, thats a good question. But, I'd say 3500 is the better choice because it can overclock great, and the 3000 has a great procesor core. That core was the "Venice" core. Now the latest 3500s (the one I have) comes with SSE3 support AND the Venice core, which is GRREEATTT for Overlcocking. It's worth the money, and besides, the SSE3 will be getting included in new games soon.

Back
Top Bottom