Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Mr. Feesh said:
so why dont you show us you source for all of your information?

im sure for all the ppl who hate dell there are several more who like dell
you work there why didnt you say that B4.... unless you made it up????? !!:eek:

Other dell employees, customers, clientel, lots of people on msn!!!! and I've worked there as materials (how I knew about the reject parts since I had to deal with the companies themselves!) and builder. My fiance was the same he became a builder before I did.

and also dells come loaded with TONS of unessicary crap and they have ALL of it loaded on startup! one person with only 128MB of ram's comp took ONE HOUR to start up because of the extra crap in startup that they put on those pcs! and they did this to soemone without alot of ram!! and they paid like 1100 for this system just a year ago! A YEAR AGO!! hell I could get a system with way better specs, a year ago for under 600 dollars!

and they market it as "lots of ram" ... ha!

athlon64fx said:
yepperz, they are from teh ipod generation, if they think apple is cool, of course they are gonna think dell is cool. same mass market lead morons. ;)

... nothing like being called a moron... i like ipods, they look good, and are good quality pieces of kit, their very durable, and mines withstood being dropped in a lake twice... ipods are good, dont see the point in the nano though, for £40 more you can geta video...

they are crap becuaser they have terrible sound, even with high end bose headphones!!! and the menus are the most god awful navagation system I;ve ever seen! try using one in the car going about 70 and figure it out! use a creative and you can go about 120 and stiil be able to control it nicely, whilie paying attention to the road since its menus are alot easier!!!

also did you hear abotu the ipood nano scratches! yes people are SUING them about it! when a lawsuit is involved its denatly bad! also batteriess are drained in 10 hours regradless of what they say. specially when 190 or greater bit rates are used, hell my lil sony mp3 player can last 50 hours on a single AAA battery at 320KBPS!!!!! try doing that with an ipood.

also they have a bad seign of a rechargable battery that is faulty after 5 months of use, they DO NOT work well with FM modulators for car stereos, and they also make certian cingular wireless cell phones go nuts! and vice versa, they interfere with thier phones as well. making odd buzzing sounds and often cracks.

and also apple has been known for the gouging prices, like teh 4GB nanos are 250 when I can get a 6GB creative zen for 160!!!! also the 2GB models (even at wallyworld) are 200 bucks!!! the ipood minis are still 250 and have been out for 2 years!!!

creative and sony are definatly better! and I can acheive 70+ hours battery life easily by reencoding my songs at 66Kbps ATRAC3plus which sounds just like 128Kbps mp3 filles even with expensive bose headphones and my sony sudio headphones! and ipoods sound liek utter crap on teh most expensive set of bose noise cancelling headphones (NC on/Off)!!!!

athlon64fx said:
they are crap becuaser they have terrible sound, even with high end bose headphones!!! and the menus are the most god awful navagation system I;ve ever seen! try using one in the car going about 70 and figure it out! use a creative and you can go about 120 and stiil be able to control it nicely, whilie paying attention to the road since its menus are alot easier!!!

illegal, wouldnt want to do that anyway...
the sound qualities good enough for me, ive got a pair of £8 headphones, and their loud enough, and the sound quality is good enough for me. im happy with it... the creatives are ugly IMO, the ipod looks alot better...

also did you hear abotu the ipood nano scratches! yes people are SUING them about it! when a lawsuit is involved its denatly bad! also batteriess are drained in 10 hours regradless of what they say. specially when 190 or greater bit rates are used, hell my lil sony mp3 player can last 50 hours on a single AAA battery at 320KBPS!!!!! try doing that with an ipood.

i use my ipod for at least 4/5 hours a day, on the buses, and it lasts 3 days till it needs to be re-charged, ive got a 20gb ipod, its about a year old, and its working perfect... im not bothered about charging it anyway, i listen to it for 3 days, put it on charge overnight and it does me for the rest of the week, then i put it on charge over the weekend, and it works fine again...

also they have a bad seign of a rechargable battery that is faulty after 5 months of use, they DO NOT work well with FM modulators for car stereos, and they also make certian cingular wireless cell phones go nuts! and vice versa, they interfere with thier phones as well. making odd buzzing sounds and often cracks.

ive had mine for about a year, battery still works fine... not bothered about fm modulators for cars, got a radio for FM... if i wanted to listen to my ipod in my car, which im going to eventually, im gonna get one of the ipod ports, which can be controlled using the normal control stick... they dont have any effect on any mobile ive had either, and ive had alot...

and also apple has been known for the gouging prices, like teh 4GB nanos are 250 when I can get a 6GB creative zen for 160!!!! also the 2GB models (even at wallyworld) are 200 bucks!!! the ipood minis are still 250 and have been out for 2 years!!!

the nano is a great piece of kit, its absolutley tiny... people are oviously willing to pay out for it, otherwise they wouldnt be selling them... personally id spend the extra £40 and get a 30GB video ipod...

creative and sony are definatly better! and I can acheive 70+ hours battery life easily by reencoding my songs at 66Kbps ATRAC3plus which sounds just like 128Kbps mp3 filles even with expensive bose headphones and my sony sudio headphones! and ipoods sound liek utter crap on teh most expensive set of bose noise cancelling headphones (NC on/Off)!!!!

creative are ugly IMO, yeah sony are pretty good, id say its between the ipod and the sony, but id still perfer the looks of the ipod... im not bothered about sound quality, it sounds good enough for me, and thats all im interested in, i couldnt care less about the Kbps, if it sounds decent, im happy...

(congrats on 6,000 posts athlon...)

Quinton McLeod said:

It's kinda pointless trying to explain to these people. They're not going to get it. Most of it is because of ignorance or refusal to accept the truth. Many of the posters here are entirely too young to understand.

Or maybe it's just YOU that doesn't understand. Not everyone needs a custom computer that they build themselves. If his dad is perfectly happy with that computer and doesn't need anything else, then let it be. If you hate Dell with a passion, that's fine. To be honest, I've never liked their desktops either (but their notebooks and UltraSharp LCD monitors are outstanding), but if others think they're okay you don't need to convert them or something. Now this thread has gone from Arrizx talking about his dad's Dell to everyone fighting over Dell's and custom PC's. Just give it a rest.

Lol, well i was thoughrly enjoying this. But your 100% right. My dad likes the dell thats that. Deal with it Quinton McLeod. No one cares about your dell hate. Personally, i think that you have worn out your welcome at this forum. I think you need to pack up and leave.

I second that alvino. Well said... some noobs just don't get it... they're so narrow minded.... they think they know it all... they think that their solution is the ONLY solution... *sigh* I wonder how old quinton mcleod is... edit: did a search, said he was 33... lol... we should marr or setis come and talk... lol... or I can... my eeenngglliissh... at ap lit and college eng. studies along with stupid ap composistion... lol....

Who cares, hes a dick, he should leave. Lol.. i know im not the only one that feels that way.. lol..

Back
Top Bottom