Knoweldgeable people, PLEASE look :(

24hrs

Baseband Member
ive built my pc, gotten my dvi adapter
( motherbaordboard is dfi lan ultra-d, 6800 gt pcie, antec 550w truepower 2 psu )
i turn my comp on, and the monitor turns on, then quickly turns off... in that time i do not get a screen... just reassurance that power is getting to my monitor.

All the leds are working on the mainboard, and i get no beeps
All the fans are working

BUT

when turned on, the red light on the tower stays on, does not flicker at all

the yellow/green light on the tower does not come on at all ( im guessing thats the led for the hard-drive )

and besides the fans, i get no noise "at all"

ive taken the motherboard and the hard-drive out of the case and put it on a mat that came with the board, which i put on a table, to see if grounding was a problem...... and that didnt work..
i only have 2 dvi sockets on my 6800 gt, and ive treid both, ive also tried both pcie X16 sockets...

Ive spent the whole day trying to get answers to this, but nothing comes of it...

Can any of you smart people help a poor noob in need? :(

windows is installed, but i cant even get a display to get to the bios, let alone windows to install the drivers :(

1. Your monitor might of gone out.
2. You could have the LEDs on the wrong pins.

sounds like a hardware problem. can you swap things over with another comp to try and check out if its the graphic card thats gone up the wall.

"1. Your monitor might of gone out.
2. You could have the LEDs on the wrong pins. "

Monitor is working fine, i even tried another one to make sure
And leds are all plugged in as per the manual

"sounds like a hardware problem. can you swap things over with another comp to try and check out if its the graphic card thats gone up the wall."

The only other comp i have would be an old agp socket a k7s5a, so i cant to the video card, and since it will probably be one of those boards that need 20pin power supply ( whatever the hell that is ) while im using this one as 24

"well im gonna tell you what i tell everyone else: reset the bios"

how do i do that?
i did reset the cmos

Its morning now, and ive tried turning it on again.... and it wont even go on now!!

Fisher said:
sounds like a hardware problem. can you swap things over with another comp to try and check out if its the graphic card thats gone up the wall.

Geez I wonder if it's a hard ware problem? :rolleyes:

Make sure all connections are good... psu, cpu, all those tiny little connectors, everything... double check. Hd, vid. card, fans, etc. After you've done that, then respond.

Back
Top Bottom