My build..

Processor, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562

The 4200+ dual is $400 :( No way that's happening :( Unless I'm REALLY devoted and save up for it. Sure there's nothing cheaper than that link that would be as good as that 3800+? How much better is the 4200+ dual compared to the 3800+? If I was even going to save and pay $325, I might as well gather another $75..

What about some GOOD cheap ram, 2gb. Ram is one thing I don't know much about, such as the timings, I just know a low latency is low, like 2 is it?

TRDCorolla said:
I never really dealt with SCSI, but they are suppose to be fast. You will need an additional SCSI controller to operate it.

Would that be that much of a hassle? Don't even know what it is, but found a pretty nice one. Only reasonable 10,000rpm that isnt 36 gb..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822116143

But now that I think about it, I don't know if i'd rather go with a 15,000 rpm 36gb'er, and then get a second internal and hook it up as the slave (I think that's how it works, nobody has gotten back to me on that yet)

Looking at something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822116150

I suggest

cpu- an amd 64 3700 or 4000
or
amd 64 x2 3800

mobo: (this is the only "must have" so to speak onthe list)
the asus sli nForce deluxe.
Ill expalin sli.
-Sli is only used with nvidia cards.
-instead one having one pci-express slot it has 2
-2 exactly identical cards can be combined to share the 16x speed 8x each
-or 1 slot can be left empty and 1 card can function at 16x
-the advantage on 2 cards is that the workload is split making the combined graphic cards able to preform more effectively and higher on their half the load.
-comprendi?
-The added price of a sli mobo is worth it for its advanced features and just the ability of upgrading to two video cards in the future if u desire

ram: get whatever, maybe ocz dual channeled 2x1 gb.

hard drvies: i havent heard of scsi hdd's being that good, but i have heard of 10,000rpm sata hdd like a 37gb raptor for the master and a cheapie 7200rpm for the slafve.

-keep your video card its outstanding
AND if the mood strikes u get another exactly same brand/model and creat a super gaming machine

7200rpm is the norm! Why do you say only 7200rpm. The Raptor runs at 10,000rpm, but that costs something like £1.20 ($2.40) a GB, while slightly slower 7200rpm hard drives can be bought for £0.31 ($0.6) per GB!

Get a SATA II hard drive, thats faster than SATA II but still runs at 7200rpm. You can get SATA II drivers running at 7200rpm which are faster than the Raptor running at 10,000rpm.

The video card is average, you won't be able to play F.E.A.R. at a decent resolution with high graphics settings and it'll really struggle with Call Of Duty 2. It'll also be only average in Doom 3, Far Cry, and Half Life 2.

I think you are way overpaying for the motherboard. Unless you really have the money, you don't need something that expensive. I would use that extra money to beef up the CPU or get better RAM.

Like this one. SLi compatible:

ABIT KN8 SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127225

or

ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131524

The Asus one has one more PCI slot than the Abit which is nice when you have the need for your expansion cards.

Well TRD, when I searched for the Mobo, basically the only thing I put in was Lan Speed: Dual 10/100/1000 mbps, everythign else was left as "any"

Couple asus came up I believe, but mostly DFI's, was kind of wanting one too :-\

Which of the other DFI's would be nice? I guess I would still go with an SLI board just incase I ever wanted to upgrade to SLI

About the HDD prosser13, the 7200 would be the slave, and the 15,000 the master. The 7200 would be more of just storage..

prosser13 said:
Get a SATA II hard drive, thats faster than SATA II but still runs at 7200rpm.[/quote
?????

Processor.. Is it too much to get the 3800+ dual core? Or something cheaper? I've ruled out the 4200+ dual, $400 no way..

I'll see if I can config a PC for you or something. What is your price range again? Do you have to have 2 NICs on the motherboard? I have to head out for lunch...

NIC :confused:

Don't really have a price range, I'm wanting to go nice. Nice mobo, maybe the 3800+ dual core, nice hdd, some good ram..

My question is on the mobo's, I guess I'll go with an SLI board, but say I have an SLI board vs. a non SLI board, and im not even using the SLI, will it still be as good as say if I picked a non SLI board..?

MarxSoccer said:
when I searched for the Mobo, basically the only thing I put in was Lan Speed: Dual 10/100/1000 mbps, everythign else was left as "any"

The dual NICs was what I was referring to. I guess you did a search on Newegg that you want dual 10/100/1000 which is like having 2 built in Network Interface Cards (NIC) for the motherboard you want.

Back
Top Bottom