AMD processor question

Arjun said:
HEY! Im using a P2, so it isn't unheard of :p

lol...

Yeah, 20 degrees Celsius is just super cool. I believe you have the lowest temps here of all the members I've seen. The coolest mine ever ran was 21 degrees celsius and that is with my window open on a very cold night (34 degrees).

yeah...even when i was installing my network stuff it only jumped like 2 degrees......It's surprising how low it is because i keep my room at 68 and i only have 3 case fans and a heatsink.....i just have to fix the stupid problem with my network and i'll be right back to the same great place i am right now

ownage said:
socket M2 will run even cooler once they move to 65nm :D

But the question is: WHEN? :p

Haha, AMD either takes too long to switch to newer technology, or switches too quickly. Take PCI-E and DDR2 for example...Intel users were having a great time with all that good stuff, while AMD users were stuck with AGP and DDR (until AMD started supporting PCI-E at least...). Now lets go on to the sockets. AMD switches way too fast...remember when Socket 754 and 940 were out? They were supposed to be top-of-the-line, then two years later, they both get pushed aside by Socket 939. Now even Socket 939 is getting pushed aside by Socket M2, after only two to three years of honorable service.

Look at Intel...they barely switched sockets at all. The last time they changed was from Socket 478 to Socket LGA 775.

the low clock speeds are the side effect of the the 12 stage pipeline AMD processors use. High clock speeds in the Intel come from the 31 staged pipelines. But that will all change with conroe. It is supposed to be in between 11 and 18 pipes.

but won't that confuse intels average buyers, because that should decrease their clock speeds on the box,so people will think the new technology is slower , im talking about the uneducated public.

Back
Top Bottom