Socket 754/939???

Woah, that's awesome, it'll accept both types! What I want to know is will it run both at the same time???

Well it has two CPU slots. So I don't know. But this is cool. It can take S754 and S939 CPUs. Bwahahaha.

Wow...another good innovation from Jetway! :D First they make the only SLI board that uses slots instead of jumpers or paddle switches (it had three PCI-E slots, outside two for SLI and middle slot for single card). Now they introduce a motherboard that has a Socket 754 AND 939. This is a good budget board for those who aren't completely ready for everything, but wants to slowly upgrade with a smooth transition. Very nice. :)

How do you know that it doesnt run both at once. Logicly speaking it wont, but still..

And i need to look at it before i talk anymore..

Hmmmm I wonder. Well if the old Socket 370 boards could run the Slot 1 Pentium III's and had an expansion slot for another S370 Celeron, why shouldn't the newer S754 and S939 be able to run together.

Interesting though. Wouldn't it be sweet to have a Sempron64 2800+ running alongside an Athelon64 X2. Dude that's THREE cores. and they're BOTH 64 bit. Amazing!

I actually think that wont work. Because its a total of 6gb ram on the mobo. And thats insane. And, i dont think all that ram would work together, because probably seperate connectors or something, to the processor. Hell, i barely know what im talking about. Id say PM Jac006 about it.

arrizx said:
How do you know that it doesnt run both at once. Logicly speaking it wont, but still..

And i need to look at it before i talk anymore..

It can't because the architecture of Socket 754 processors is different to that of Socket 939 processors. Also, Athlon 64 processors one way processors, meaning that you can only have one on a motherboard even if it's a dual-socket one. Opteron processors are the only ones that are one, two and eight way capable.

1337DuD3 said:
Interesting motherboard this is. I'm definetly getting it! :)

Definately. You can switch to a Socket 939 processor when the need comes.

Back
Top Bottom