Mark thorpe! or anyone again

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
hey mark for your beardy do you have like insurance or something for her? my dragon has some kind of problem he gets these little tiny buys on him i say about 3mm long and 1-2mm wide. there red and i dont think he likes them because he has scars on his back from them and he constanly flicks them of himself so i wanna take him to the vet. is there like an insurance for reptiles? and got any suggestions to help him with the irratation?

I'd recomend using petplan insurance.... thats what I have for my cat...

I adopted him from a rescue centre, and the first few weeks were free, (although you won't get that)...

it has a slightly different take on pet insurance from other insurers in as far as your pet is insured for life.
Most pet insurances cover your pets for ayear on year basis, for example, if your pet develops a medical condition, then the insurance company will cover the cost of diagnosis and treatment for that year, but then the next year that wouldn't be covered,
the pet plan insurance is different in as far as if you keep up with the payments then the pet is still insured the year after, including being insured for the conditon that has developed.

I'm not sure if I've explained it well...

Fircepc... i havnt got insurance for my beardie, but im sure you could get insurance if you wanted to. if she has any problems ive put away about £200ish for her, mainly to pay for food/UVB bulbs, but also for any health problems...

These bugs, little red mites? whats your substrate that youve got your beardie on? those mites shouldnt be in there... it could be your substrate...
Untill you can get it sorted out, id say it would be best to bathe him daily, to get the mites off. heres an article on bathing beardies:

http://www.reptilerooms.com/Sections+index-req-viewarticle-artid-19-page-1.html

also, could you run me through your setup that hes got please... just incase theres anything you can improve on

basking temps? how measured?
cool side temps? how measured?
UVB bulb? make/model? how old is the bulb?
what are you feeding? how often?
how close the the UVB bulb can he get?
how old is your beardie?

i know this is a puter forum, but if i can help out with beardies, i will :)

Well this is the Social Lounge, so anything is welcome here. This is probably the only place we can get away from our geeky selves and actually talk about current issues and so forth. :p

basking temps? how measured? 85-90c measured with the gauge in tank
cool side temps? how measured? 70-75c measured with another gauge in tank
UVB bulb? make/model? how old is the bulb? i forget lol. i had two before though and they broke so i got a new company so i forget
what are you feeding? how often? i feed him superworms about 6 every other day some times twice in a row
how close the the UVB bulb can he get? hes about six inches away some times hes right next to it because he jumps and hangs upside down
how old is your beardie? not sure i had him for a couple months but im pretty sure hes at least a year old.

Okay, first off, you need to buy a digital probe thermometer, the stick on ones are inaccurate. the basking temps need to be at least 100-110*F for digestion, and the cool side at about 80ish.
if you look at the UVB bulb, youll be able to find out the make and model of the bulb, this is impoartant for synthesis of vit D3...
only supers? silkworms would be a better staple, their better all round for your beardie...

whats your substrate at the bottom of the viv?

have a read through http://www.reptilerooms.com/Sections+index-req-listarticles-secid-1.html
www.kakadudragons.com/caresheet/

well i actually dont have a beardie. but i have something similar its a water dragon. so mine doesnt need upser hot temps and yea i ues like this prob thing inside the viv to read tems. and substrate i kinda like bark but i bought some rep carpet thinking it might help.

Back
Top Bottom