oil cooled computer!

op a new update!!! we are continuing!!! even with the issues of the computer not turning on it was because of the metal motherboard tray that was keeping it from turning on. also feesh even shocked the motherboard and it still works!!! isn't that hilarious!! were really pushing it and our setup is getto but we are still moving forward!!! (btw please don't conciter my posting repeadly spam and lock the topic. i just think this is the best way 2 show updates on the progress!!) i will also be taking a video on when we pour the oil into the tub with the computer for the exictment!!! so stay tuned :p

ok results are in! it worked!!! the temps barly changed but it is still a sucess so we are pretty happy. becides the headaches and coldness we managed 2 survive the challenge! also the experence is good and i will post the pictures and 2 video's sometime soon...not sure when but i can't do it now. tell us what u think!!!

arrizx said:
I dont wanna read it all. But did you guys do it?
uh.... ya! the pics and vids arnt quite ready yet but we should have them up here once mooseman wakes up. i would do it but i dont know what he did with his equipment(SP?), but please give us your comments thats what we want to hear.

Cool.
Too bad that the temps didn't go down much.
I'm guessing that it's going to be ln2 cooling next?

well if we had the money to do it then maybe ;) i have 2 get my cord for my camera and download the software then i'll post the pics :D

I'm new to the forum but this sounded like an interesting topic i took about an hour to read it all. I am also interested to see some video on how this is working.

ok the pics have arrived!! here they are :) tell us what u think, also i am still figuring a way 2 put the video's online so bare(sp? roflpuff) with us

100_1641.jpg
ok this is OMG!, the computer we submerged

100_1642.jpg
this is the setup we were hoping for before we moved the mobo in

100_1643.jpg
this is hecliff, our supervising moose!

100_1644.jpg
this is hecliff inspecing OMG!

100_1645.jpg
this is mr. feesh workin on OMG!

100_1649.jpg
this is the network card we trashed w00t!

100_1653.jpg

100_1655.jpg
this is our getto setup where we were doing the experament on my front porch!

Back
Top Bottom