VGA cooler!!!!

it doesnt show the cooler, just "swiss art of engineering"

well, could be the contact surface is not completely flat. seems to be the deal with my pipe101. i just dont know how to lap it to make it completely smooth so i cant help you. maybe try some arctic silver???? heard it has good conductivity, and it will prolly help.

is the fan blowing in the right direction? check if its blowing off the card and if not switch around the plug. and wat is the cooler? how much of the compound did u put on?

Ive looked at it carefully now...Looks like its not even touching the GPU...Any idea how to counter this?

WHOA not even TOUCHING IT!!!! ide advise u to take it off right away or if u can tighten it. what i would do is find plastic washers or something nothing metal though and try and stiff if u can force some pressure on it. if it doesnt work or u cant find any order thermal paste and glue the thing on and see if that helps. if not it could be defective and the shaved it down to much so u might have to return it.

Yeha, make sure it's on tight enough, BUT NOT TOO TIGHT! DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN... you could ruin your core...

tighten it down all the way, your gpu should have a metal shim to protect it from being crushed.

Bought some thermal paste today and added a decent amount. Then managed to tighten it alot more than I could before. All is good now :D Running at a lovely 41C And in games not going above 50, so Im happy now.

Thanks for your help people

Back
Top Bottom