getting a video card.. some opinions

MeTzenAs1

In Runtime
Hey guys gonna buy a new cpu. board. and video card. My new board is gonna be pci express so gonna get a new card. The only game I play is world of warcraft, and im currently using a msi agp 6600gt. now looking at the benchmarks of the game the 7800gt only goes like 2 more frames per second (which I could afford just dont want to if I dont have to) but I would like something a little better instead of just buying another 6600gt just a pci-e version. was thinking maybe a

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127172

which I've heard compares to a 6800gt.. I'm pretty sure it has 12pixil like all the other versions of this card.. just this page of specs doesn't say it. Its also 256mb v the 128mb I'm currently using.

with my current card I can play 12800 x 1024 beautifully with max setting.. Like I said though just want something a little bit better..

Any Opinions.. Like I said I can afford a 7800gt.. would rather not though cause by the time I would be useing a card that powerful I can upgrade again and something much better will be out.

Thanks.. please post opinions.

I would go with a 7800gt... 20 pipelines to that 12... you'll see a difference. I would actually go with a 6800gs then... that does well.

the geforcee 6800gs use open gl 1.5, the card I linked earlier uses 2.0 same shading.. bothwith gddr3 ram..

dont see why ??? trust me I'm a nvidia fan.. what not seeing why I should spen the extra cash.

That X800 doesn't even have SM3.0.

6800GS or 6800GT.

The 6800GT has 4 more pixel pipelines (16 vs 12) but the 6800GS is made on the same PCB as a 7800GT making it cooler and meaning it can be clocked way higher. Add this to the fact that it is way way cheaper, and your onto a winner :)

Back
Top Bottom