Pros and cons of nVidia and ATI

The Power

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I was jw..What are the pros and cons of ati and nVidia. My purpose of the computer is gaming and media. So I am not sure of which card to get. Plz help. Thnx!!

well it's hard to answer that. Both of them make great cards.
It's mostly about preference, I like nVidia so I will tell u to get nVidia :p
But ati is great too.
How much are u willing to spend on that vid card?

Well I'd get a 6800GS. It's a very good card and very cheap compared to it's performance.
It's something like $200.
If that 300 (USD, right?) was for all of that stuff then u can't get a really good vid card. Then u are looking at a 6600GT or a cheaper card.

ATi has more cards out then nVidia does, so that's a pro. nVidia has a select few, but they're powerful, that's a pro.

i had a 9800 agp 8x 256 (ati lol) and it did what i wanted it to i am actually selling it on ebay right now but im sure your wanting a new one but im selling it for my first nvidia and boy can i wait to see my fxf 7800 :):):) but ya i heard the 6800gs is a real nice card. but if that 300 is jsut for video card DEF. go with the 7800 !!

It just depends on your personal preference really. Ati has always performed well for me, but then again so has nvidia for others. I would just go with a 6800gs right now. Either that or a x800. If you only have 300 for a psu, ram, and case, go with something cheaper... maybe a 6600. That'll do you.

The Power said:
Hey guys, I was jw..What are the pros and cons of ati and nVidia. My purpose of the computer is gaming and media. So I am not sure of which card to get. Plz help. Thnx!!
Do you mind saying what jw stands for, as a mod, I'm curious, thank you. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom