RAM Upgrade?

RyanC

Solid State Member
I was just wondering if this is the easiest way to get a performance increase from an old system. It is 2ghz processor, but the RAM is only 128mb. So I expect that if I get maybe 512mb this will be a good increase in performance?

Same extra ram will always help speed things up, yep. It wont have the same effect as a new CPU would for example, but going from 128MB to 512MB would give the likes of Photoshop, gaming and other memory hungry stuff a nice boost, indeed! :)

Thanks. I thought that might do the trick. I don't actually use Photoshop or anything else like that. The only thing I would be using on it that uses a reasonable amount of RAM would be Firefox.

Once again, thanks for your help :)

Is Firefox running particulary slow then? TBH You wont see a huge increase in web browser performance with more Ram. But saying that, if your running WinXP with 128MB of Ram, you will see a nice increase in overall system performance by going to 512MB and with the price of Ram at the moment, you really cant lose! :D

What are your other specs then mate?

I had a old gateway P4 1.4 ghz with 128mb...i thought it was gettin old a while back to handle game,I put 2 more stick of 128mb and it was like a new world, will make a big diffrence, spec with the operatings sytems now being ectreamly memory huangry lol....and a video card would help, least for me and u can get a video card CHEAP (if yours is old a cheap one will be way better)

Back
Top Bottom