Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

ok look. it's as simple as this. custom PCs are not always the way 2 go. my custom built always gives me shit and i've had 2 constantly work on it and i don't even have my sweet 250GB hardrive and forced 2 run on to 4GBs with no cd drive because my damn motherboard doesn't have more than 1 IDE imput. so now i'm stuck with that over the holidays which sucks knowing how much i love my computer, when it's not a bi*** for most people getting a manufactor(sp) is easier for them. so many people dont't even kno that u can custom built computers and thats why they need company's that build them for you. and the reason everyone buys the dells is because they are inexpensive and well known and thats what people look for. no random soccer mom is gunna know what to buy if she were to look at alienware's PCs or falcon NW or anything like that. and also people are going 2 trust big company's to built their computers more than one of their DIY friends. simply put. not all dells i've seen are bad. and not all good eather. the quality of the computer when u buy it can depend more on just the manufacturer(sp). the people who use it do crazy stuff and don't bother 2 take care of their pcs. thats probably the reason ur computer is faster quinton! because they put so much shit on their HDs that windows bogs down. sometimes it can be the parts but usually it's the stuff on the HD thats the issue. and quinton that computer u built isn't a high quality pc. u even said urself u used offbrand ram and what not. custom PCs are at just as much of a risk as the ones company's build. not just dell and not just intel custom builts or anything like that! *pant*

well if I were a busienes that needed alot of pc's i would go with one of the higher end companies,

now soccer moms also are the MOST naive!

and custom built pcs are different since you know what's inside and you know what goes wrong. you dont have to call some indian about it.

athlon64fx said:
yes, also dell does not dual channel RAM, they actually have underclocked thier processors, and they void your warranty instantainously, since most of the time you have to open the damn thing right away becuase there always is soemthing wrong with them, hell my parent's dell's hard drive wasnt even connected!

same goes for a few optiplex's at a company I was supporting! 10 of them DID NOT have hard drives in them at all!

and also I have found some dells with improperly inserted ram chips and someone at dell tried to insert RAM UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! it was crazy!!!

hmm. Why would they underclock their processors. What use is it to them?

so they will force people to buy a faster pc later!!! they always do that. alot of companies rig thier systems. like MS is rigging thier OS's xp is messing up more I think its timed to mess up to force people to buy windows vista!!!

athlon64fx said:
well if I were a busienes that needed alot of pc's i would go with one of the higher end companies,

now soccer moms also are the MOST naive!

and custom built pcs are different since you know what's inside and you know what goes wrong. you dont have to call some indian about it.
well obviously(sp?) there is more than 1 POV 2 this. i can see where your comming from but some company's go with dells because they have 2 buy alot of them and don't wanna spend alot. i definatly understand the indian thing! it's so fregin annoying 2 try and deal with them. none the less people who buy dells shouldn't burn or go 2 hell or any of that shit because for them dell could be the right solution or they didn't have the knowlege to buy a different brand. so give the people who buy dells a break and not all dells are bad or the wrong choice! :eek:

athlon64fx said:
so they will force people to buy a faster pc later!!! they always do that. alot of companies rig thier systems. like MS is rigging thier OS's xp is messing up more I think its timed to mess up to force people to buy windows vista!!!
*shrugs* that could just be that XP sucks and has always had problems from the start :p XP hasn't even been very nice 2 me, or not on my custom built at least... :( i swear dealing with my computer is probably worse than dealing with a dell

Same. I always end up with some stupid error or whatnot. Microsoft better do a good job on Vista...I would be VERY disappointed if it didn't compare up to it's hype.

athlon64fx said:

omg the Dell conspiracy. But if they have like a 3.0Ghz P4 in there. And the description says 3.0Ghz P4. And they underclock it to say 2.8Ghz P4 but the description will still say 3.0Ghz P4.

If so then buy a dell and take them to court because they lied to u. U will get alot of $$$ and then u can build a custom computer. Seriously, I doubt that they are doing that.

If u ment underclock and tell the real clock speed then again I'm wondering what use is it to them.

Dell buys rejected parts also from the manufacturers! I saw that first hand since they made me put cd drives in them that were labelled as rejects and made me take the "reject" sticker off the drive before I put it in the pc! if i left one on they would flag me!

I also saw a box of ram labelled reject, a woman was unloading them to put in pcs! I also heard straigh from a person who worked for one of the companies who sells them reject parts and they admitted it! I had to deal with him when i worked in materials.

athlon64fx said:
why couldnt you go with one of the nicer companies, or have someone you know custom build you a pc! support eh companies who actually build good systems and aren't mass advertised! what's popular isnt always right!

Becuase mom is most familiar with dell, and we couldnt get a custom in time for x-mas.

Back
Top Bottom