Building new gaming rig...programs?

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
ok im building my own ultimate (maybe not ultimate for most people but good for my budget) it will be 64 bit, but i need to know what are all the vital programs i need for it like FRAPS and anything else.

recon 16 said:
ok im building my own ultimate (maybe not ultimate for most people but good for my budget) it will be 64 bit, but i need to know what are all the vital programs i need for it like FRAPS and anything else.

First thing you will need is google. www.google.com will be your best friend. Then a few of the latest games, such as Battle Field 2, Call Of Duty 2, Counter-Strike: Source with Day of Defeat: Source, and Half-Life 2, Quake 4, and many others. IF you want a good cheap and beautiful game, buy Far Cry, it's like 20$. You might want to try a nice addicting game of Counter-Strike 1.6. For all the Counter-Strike, Half Life, and Day of Defeat, you'll need Steam. This can be downloaded at www.steampowered.com You'll need to register an account and register the game's cd keys. Keep in mind, most of these games are rated "M", so if you're under 18 you'll want to go with your parents. For demo recording, you'll want FRAPs. other than that, you might want to consider overclocking as a big part of your life as a gamer because it will allow you o push your preformance of your computer to the max, but we can save that for later.

P.S What kind of budget do you have? (Min to Max)

well ofcourse win xp.
Then if u want to play games get some good games. Lot's of good FPS games on HRHunteRHR's 1st post. And if u need any other type of games then just search online or go to a shop and see if there is anything that interests u.
Some usefull gaming software: Teamspeak 2. Fraps.

Then other software:
Anti-virus: Get what ever u like the most. But before buying anything try AntiVir and AVG (both have free versions)
anti-spyware: spybot s&d, ad-aware, spyware blaster, microsoft anti-spyware.
Firewall: zonealarm
other stuff:
ofcourse MSN messenger or something similar
open office, unless u want to buy win xp office.
something to make ur desktop cool & better; like window blinds, object dock, samurize etc.

There is some software to get. Use google to find downloads, most of those programs are free.

Back
Top Bottom