Help need to build computer

Bloody hell, I'd have to say that some of you guys are pushing it! I mean, it's not like "ok, he's playing games, recommend the expensive stuff" is it?

PC3500 RAM is really just for enthusiasts imo, and I think you'd be better off just going with cheaper PC3200 RAM.

And if you don't want 2 optical drives, then obviously, just get the one.

And I really don't see the point in multiple HDD's unless you're gonna put 2 7,200rpm's in a RAID 0 array.

george said:
Well I think I'll be going with the AMD and I'm still going to look around for some graphic cards. What's the go with the dual core CPU I don't know much about them. What else might I want to get also I'm looking into maybe water cooling it because I'm going to be gaming alot.

George

Dual core technology is the latest and greatest stuff offered from both Intel and AMD. They're actually extremely fast if do do tons of stuff on your PC. It will play games and do everything else you can do on a traditional PC. As most people say when experiencing dual core processing, "Once you go dual core, you never go back to regular CPUs".

The ONLY thing that dual core still need to work on is the support from software developers to make dedicated 64-bit applications. Once that is done, all applications will scream at amazing speed. They're also 32-bit compatible too so you don't have to worry about all your current programs. It still works at amazing speeds due to the simple fact that you have two cores. One is working on something while the other one is doing something else increasing efficiency of the workload.

If you don't want to take advantage of the technology above, then a single core Athlon 64 FX-57 (older 32-bit) will do nicely for a gaming PC, for a cost that hardly anyone can afford. I would rather trade that FX-57 for a dual core processor anyday. It's cheaper and you get an overall faster and more efficient processor. There are quite a few games now that are dedicated 64-bit and more and more will come. Just like PCI-e. It's going to be standardized so that's a good thing.

IMO, you can cross out the FX's altogether. The only CPU's I'd consider are:

AMD Sempron 64 3000+
AMD Sempron 64 3200+
AMD Sempron 64 3300+
AMD Sempron 64 3400+
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Socket-939, Venice)
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (Socket-939, San Diego)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
VIA C7 (1.5GHz/1.8GHz/2.0GHz)

Ok sweet most of the stuff I want is there I guess I don't have to be too concerned about the what brands the drives are. I do need to know what are the best speeds for the CPU affordable and what motherboards acn handle it also I've heard about motherboards supporting dual graphic cards and want to probably get one of these motherboards so that I can upgrade later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BY READING THESE TERMS OF AGREEMENT (LIKE YOUR ACTALLY READING THIS) YOU AGREE THAT I (CHARCHRIS) AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SIDE EFFECT, OUT COMES, CANCERS, RADIATION RELATING TO THIS THREAD OR
THE BUILD OF THIS PERSONAL COMPUTER

YOU MAY DISTRIBUTE AND ALTERNATE ANYTHING BELOW THE NEXT LINE AS YOU LIKE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THESE PRICES HAVE BEEN TAKEN ON TUESDAY 21ST DECEMBER 2005 12:53 AM
ORDERS ARE AS FOLLOWS
Name of part
Brand
Model number/Product Number
Brief Description
Price (All prices include GST and are in AUS(I hope it sin AUS >.<)
Link

OPTICAL DRIVE

Lite-On
SHW-1635S
16/16X 8.5GB Dual-Layer IDE DVD±R/RW Kit (Black/Beige)
$82.50
Link

CASE/POWER SUPPLY UNIT

Thermaltake Soprano
VB1400BWS
ATX Midi Tower Case (Black)
$170.50
Link

GPU
Leadtek
N/A
PX6800 GT TDH GeForce 6800GT 256MB PCI-Express Graphics Card
$506.00
Link

HARD DRIVE

Western Digital
WD2500JB
250GB IDE Hard Drive, 7200RPM, 8MB Buffer
$174.90
Link

MOTHERBOARD

ABIT
K8T890
AX8-3rd Eye VIA Socket939 DDR ATX Mainboard With SATA/RAID/FireWire & Gigabit LAN
$181.50
Link

RAM (Two of these)
Kingston
N/A
512MB (2 x 256MB) PC3200 DDR Memory Kit - CL3
$93.50 x2
Link

CPU
AMD
N/A
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Socket939 CPU Retail With Dual-Core
$544.50
Link

$82.50
$170.50
$506.00
$174.90
$181.50
$93.50
$93.50
$544.50

-------
TOTAL $1846.90
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask all member to revise this before objecting or agreeing to this build
I've out done myself -_-" BREAKTIME WOOOOOOOO!!! :D:D

I think you should go to alienware.com and build yourself one there..they put it together and everything. I just ordered my cousin one..and its preety cheap and very nice..

Ok thanks nice build Charchris that's just about what I want I'll start ordering the parts right away, I might change a couple of things but the main things are great thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom