X800GT or 6600GT???

It's confirmed. I checked Google and a whole ton of sites are reporting that the AGP version of the 6800 GS should be out for retail within the week.

1337DuD3 said:
Well this sucks. I only have $230 and don't want to have to get new RAM, a new mobo, a new CPU, AND a new video card. Holy smokes...

I guess I'll just get the new RAM and the new video card and get a job and get the new PCI-E and new AMD Athelon CPUs later on.

But before I dismiss the thread, is there any other reliable websites that sell video cards cheap besides Newegg?

I advise you just save your money becuase in a weeks or two's pay you'll have more than enough for all fo that.

Well I curretny don't have a job, I'm only 17. Although I am looking! But I have a person who might be buying my motherboard and CPU so that's another $200-$300! So all is well.

But if one of you could possibly find a site selling the 6800GS in AGP that would be most appreciated.

They won't have AGP versions of the 6800 GS until this week or the next since it takes time to ship to retailers, but it's been confirmed that nVIDIA is making it. It uses the proven and reliable NV40 (unfortunately that's 130nm instead of 110nm for the PCI-E version's NV42 core) and has everything the PCI-E variant does with no AGP bridge. When the 6600 GT came out, it was also PCI-E native, so when they made the AGP version, they used a special bridging chip to convert it to AGP (which is why the heatsinks are positioned kinda weird). It's been rumored about the price though...since the converted ones usually cost a bit more (like how the 6600 GT's AGP variant was about $50 more than the PCI-E version). So far, I've heard that it'll cost about $240-$250, but those are just rumors.

socket 478 cpu's don't support pci express, event he albatron board is just an adaptor and runs like crap !!.. tested my self. and the 7800gt are only about 10-20 bucks more than the 6800gts now. like 299 which I think is a great price for the best gaming video card on the market right now.. but only pci - e. but out of those 2 cards and if your going to stick to agp regardless if you find a 6800gs with agp.. get the x800gt.. the price/performance ration beats all.. even though I usually buy nvidia also.

Well if you add $30 more to what you pay for a X800 GT, you can get the 6800 GS, and it'll beat the 6800 GT in most games and benchmarks.

Hmmm...this AGP thing presents a serious problem. I'm wondering if I can get a PCI-E board, plus a CPU, and RAM within the $230 budget...

I'm thinking I might be able to do it if I get that ASRock board because it has AGP and PCI-E all on the same board. Bah this sucks. I need a job. Any suggestions on how I might go about acquiring one?

Because for $30-$40 more I'll get that 7800GT. Bwahahahah!!!

1337DuD3 said:
Hmmm...this AGP thing presents a serious problem. I'm wondering if I can get a PCI-E board, plus a CPU, and RAM within the $230 budget...

I'm thinking I might be able to do it if I get that ASRock board because it has AGP and PCI-E all on the same board. Bah this sucks. I need a job. Any suggestions on how I might go about acquiring one?

Dude your a cheap ass, a good board is $150, then ram, your at $230 already, be realistic when it comes to it, all in all just save rather then buying junk right now.

1337DuD3 said:

Get the ASRock board. It's cheap and supports lots of things like SATA3.0Gb/s, AGP and PCI-E. That ULi chipset is very nice and versatile.

I might get a part time job soon. Heheh...and it's just putting together computers and getting it to run. :D

Back
Top Bottom