CF! What is your proplem?

Intel is good, just like a mini van its for soccer moms. AMD is more of a truck that is rised, only good for the thick mud and pulling, not for taking the kids to practice.

LMAO! So because I'm a newer member I dont get it... You wouldnt be using Prescott based logic to work that out would ya, dude ;)

How can you make a huge deal out of people "taking the piss" and not being fair when it comes to Intel and Dell, only to throw your toys outta ya pram and rip into anyone who dares challenge you! :hystericalsmiley:

I actually quite like this place, so rather than getting pulled into a pointless argument thats gonna end in a ban, I'll entertain myself with a google image search.. :D

IntelSucks.gif

I gotta get me one of these...
hell.gif

Dells should be burned, then kicked, then burned again

as for intels, i dislike them but their not terrible

First of all settle down all of you. This gets out of hand and I'll lock the thread.
Now as for Intel I personally have 4 systems using Intels. P1 to P4 I have one of each. I had one AMD and managed to melt it in to slag. Can't say I've done that to an Intel cpu. With its built in thermal protection they are next to impossible to kill. Heat wise.
As for Dell they are good in some respects and bad in others. Just as with any prefabed computers.They are made inexspencesively for the masses. You have to bear in mind not every one has the knowledge to build thier own. And not everyone is a hardcore gaming freak. They want something to get online with and balance the checkbook. Although I never dreamed I would say this Dell in some respects fits the bill for them. And not every one has mom and dad footing the bill for a warp 10 computer. Some folks have to figure in spending for a computer. That's Dell's nitch. Now My P2 is a Dell Optiplex GXa and for as old as it is I am totally amazed at how well it performs. And that's running XP home sp1. But to use it as my primary computer I think not.
Now one last thing to bring up. Dell is still thinking in the old P2/K6 days. The shroud over the cpu tied to one fan or still using the PSU fan to exhaust the heat out of the case is needing updated badly. As long as you're not pushing the cpu too awful hard this setup works fine. But put the spurs to the old gal and it gets a tad warm. Now that's it for me.
I am moving this thread to where it belongs.

I like Intel for their Durability and make. If I put Intel withATI, it will be great.

AMD, on the other side, I always used to have problems with it. My K6 CPU at 550MHZ kept having problems with WinXP, and Win98. I couldn't install Win95 as the CPU was designed for. This K6 CPU gave me hell. Butr, I had my Celeron 366MHZwith less RAM and HDD size and I ran WinXP ike you wouldn't believe! It was always stable, not overheating and such. The board was a strong build. The K6 mobo, well, I had the upgrade and then, when I plugged my HDD in it and a CD drive in it, the stupid thing wouldn't boot. The otherone,my Celly 366MHZ, was NEVER returned :mad:

Then, since I have this AMD board, it suprises me since that board is strong, but my mom's new PC has trouble with the intergrated GPU for the Geforce 4 MX on it. It kept having BSODs. The ONLY way to stop that was for me to install a Geforce 4 MX 4000 AGP card, or It would have gotten worse. My sis PC, well, her CPU jumps to 72C...the same board and onboard CPU as mine. OK, I know it's messy in her room and all that, but my PC wouldn't go as far as 62C.

Next, The newer AMD board I tested had either a short, died, burned in front of me or whatever. My Intel P4 board, besides being defective (his days were counted) was working OK. It took 1 1/2 month to spark and lose it. My CPU is as if nothing happened!

BUT, VIA CPUs are exellent and I can trust them. Also,m they work with S370 and onboard. Their speed is low, but it will do a worker's job, and I think, some CPUs will be playing games! It's nice to hear that!

intel fanboys will always feel assaulted because they are being assaulted, since CF is a forum controlled by a majority of AMD owners, making intel the minority. I think tha tfact alone, says something about the quality of amd, even though intel has better advertising.

Back
Top Bottom