Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Mr. Feesh said:
ok dude you are realy starting to piss everyone off. i agree i can bulid a computer for less then a retail, built one but there is a reason that dell charges a bit more.
1.) they need to make a profit....Duh!
2.)its built so you dont need to spend the time and labor to build it, or insall the os.
3.)you get a warrenty(SP?)
4.) you know that it and all of its parts will work togeather, no cooling issues etc.
5.)they, i think but im not sure, will have an expert do upgrades for you less the if you went into bestbuy or something.
and 6.) most times you get free software for a year or so.

so he probly saved himself some hassels buying that dell................so SHUT THE HELL UP! :mad:

ok....

4.) you know that it and all of its parts will work togeather, no cooling issues etc.

*** wrong becuase they put the crappiest heat sinks, and the worst fans on thier processors! I tried to feel the air coming out of the fan but I couldnt! and I often have blue screens and hardware errors on them! hell dells are 90 percent of the pcs I ever fix!

5.)they, i think but im not sure, will have an expert do upgrades for you less the if you went into bestbuy or something.

****wrong again, they will cahnge up to 200 dollars for ram instertion out of warranty, they willl charge within warranty, 100, and they will NOT give you the cd once they have upgraded OS, They no longer give you any windows xp cd, you are forced to use thier restore disks and partitions. And thier experts come to the job with no tools. no knowledge of your system, or anything critical, hell they come not knowing your first name! They also will be clumsy on the job, often spilling stuff, losing scres everywhere, asking for help with stuff they should know... the list goes on!

6.) most times you get free software for a year or so.

***** they give you trials of software that has a keycode on them that will expire within 10 days of system purchase, that you must install and activate ehrn you first get your system or you cannot use that software.

put it simple, overhyped peice of crap systems that even granny thinks they are crap.

may I also add that dells testing is only to test basic functions only. They also let them sit in hot "burn racks" (wheree they install OS) for 3 hours and they overheat for 1 hour!

If anyone here thinks I am lying I worked at dell for 2 months and I built the pcs there. I actually put good quality in my builds, but the mexcian chick besides me kept dropping hard drives and ram, cpus, etc and then put them back into the pc with no thought as to they are damaged! Most of the people on the buld floor do this! Nothing gets done about it, and I told on her and my supervisor told me to "shut my f-ing mouth and worry bout your own damn business" !!!!(she really cussed too) I have every right to report problems and people damamging equipment! they aften will hire people that have never looked inside a computer in thier whole life!!! and often these people screw up every frekin system they built but they keep them there and tell them how good of a job they are doing, but I on teh other hand have never made a build mistake, and they fire me! just because they have a chip on thier sholders.

and they have bad working conditions, they make it a crime to sit down! they embarras people all the time, the list can go on forever!

athlon64fx said:
ok....

*** wrong becuase they put the crappiest heat sinks, and the worst fans on thier processors! I tried to feel the air coming out of the fan but I couldnt! and I often have blue screens and hardware errors on them! hell dells are 90 percent of the pcs I ever fix!

****wrong again, they will cahnge up to 200 dollars for ram instertion out of warranty, they willl charge within warranty, 100, and they will NOT give you the cd once they have upgraded OS, They no longer give you any windows xp cd, you are forced to use thier restore disks and partitions. And thier experts come to the job with no tools. no knowledge of your system, or anything critical, hell they come not knowing your first name! They also will be clumsy on the job, often spilling stuff, losing scres everywhere, asking for help with stuff they should know... the list goes on!

6.) most times you get free software for a year or so.

***** they give you trials of software that has a keycode on them that will expire within 10 days of system purchase, that you must install and activate ehrn you first get your system or you cannot use that software.

put it simple, overhyped peice of crap systems that even granny thinks they are crap.

may I also add that dells testing is only to test basic functions only. They also let them sit in hot "burn racks" (wheree they install OS) for 3 hours and they overheat for 1 hour!

If anyone here thinks I am lying I worked at dell for 2 months and I built the pcs there. I actually put good quality in my builds, but the mexcian chick besides me kept dropping hard drives and ram, cpus, etc and then put them back into the pc with no thought as to they are damaged! Most of the people on the buld floor do this! Nothing gets done about it, and I told on her and my supervisor told me to "shut my f-ing mouth and worry bout your own damn business" !!!!(she really cussed too) I have every right to report problems and people damamging equipment! they aften will hire people that have never looked inside a computer in thier whole life!!! and often these people screw up every frekin system they built but they keep them there and tell them how good of a job they are doing, but I on teh other hand have never made a build mistake, and they fire me! just because they have a chip on thier sholders.

and they have bad working conditions, they make it a crime to sit down! they embarras people all the time, the list can go on forever!

I dont wana fight about this. There are good, and bad points to them, of course, just like with ever other thing. Nothing is perfect, its just that this happened to be a very convient way of getting what i need.

ok althlon 64FX you are wrong on one point and i may as well call u stupid on this 1. the # 4. u said about cooling issues and not being able 2 feel the air on the heatsink. thats because the fan is an intake and pushes air towards the processor. almost all stock heatsinks are made that way. also the fans only get high RPMs if needed 2 cool the processor if it gets really hot. the cooling has been fine in dells. i havn't even seen an overheating dell in my computer-ness. dell's wern't ment to be overclocked and the way they run is just fine. most of the dell's i've seen were crappy because their users didn't kno how to take care of a computer and load so much shit on the HD that u pretty much had 2 do a restore or format 2 really bring the full potential of the system back! also the main reason dell's are probably most of the PCs u fix is because they are one of the most common retail sellers out there. yet another error to point out in ur put down on dell is the tech thing. not all the tech people loose screws and spill stuff and what not. u gotta realize there are some dumbass people out there. but there are also smart people who understand what their doing and how important it is. it's just like people who use their mannors(sp) vs people who don't. people who would use mannors would greet u properly and know ur name and what not, and would also do a caring and quality job on your system. other people will just do what they have 2 do 2 get paid and absolutly no more. as long as they get paid they could care less what happens 2 the persons pc when there done with it. every company has both types of people working for them and that mexican chick u were talking about is probably one of them. and also what are u gunna do when there arn't enough tech people 2 assemble the computers? u have 2 give people who havn't seen inside a computer a chance 2 learn and do something they may like doing in the future. yes i do agree to an extent that the people may need more training on how 2 safly and carefully assemble the computer but this doesn't make dell a bad company when your being pushed 2 get as many systems out as u can 2 keep your customers happy. *pants for air* also wrong on # 6 as well. i can even go on dells website if u'd like a prove it 2 you that most of their software things you get with them are 60 days to a year subscription and or trial. idk wtf was ^ with ur boss wherever u worked but if i were u i would have reported her 2 a higher ^ after that! :eek:

Lol your right, and seriously when i was reading that, i didnt breathe. then, i saw you typed that, and i was kinda like, oh right.. air is good for you..

MooseMan said:
ok althlon 64FX you are wrong on one point and i may as well call u stupid on this 1. the # 4. u said about cooling issues and not being able 2 feel the air on the heatsink. thats because the fan is an intake and pushes air towards the processor. almost all stock heatsinks are made that way. also the fans only get high RPMs if needed 2 cool the processor if it gets really hot. the cooling has been fine in dells. i havn't even seen an overheating dell in my computer-ness. dell's wern't ment to be overclocked and the way they run is just fine. most of the dell's i've seen were crappy because their users didn't kno how to take care of a computer and load so much shit on the HD that u pretty much had 2 do a restore or format 2 really bring the full potential of the system back! also the main reason dell's are probably most of the PCs u fix is because they are one of the most common retail sellers out there. yet another error to point out in ur put down on dell is the tech thing. not all the tech people loose screws and spill stuff and what not. u gotta realize there are some dumbass people out there. but there are also smart people who understand what their doing and how important it is. it's just like people who use their mannors(sp) vs people who don't. people who would use mannors would greet u properly and know ur name and what not, and would also do a caring and quality job on your system. other people will just do what they have 2 do 2 get paid and absolutly no more. as long as they get paid they could care less what happens 2 the persons pc when there done with it. every company has both types of people working for them and that mexican chick u were talking about is probably one of them. and also what are u gunna do when there arn't enough tech people 2 assemble the computers? u have 2 give people who havn't seen inside a computer a chance 2 learn and do something they may like doing in the future. yes i do agree to an extent that the people may need more training on how 2 safly and carefully assemble the computer but this doesn't make dell a bad company when your being pushed 2 get as many systems out as u can 2 keep your customers happy. *pants for air* also wrong on # 6 as well. i can even go on dells website if u'd like a prove it 2 you that most of their software things you get with them are 60 days to a year subscription and or trial. idk wtf was ^ with ur boss wherever u worked but if i were u i would have reported her 2 a higher ^ after that! :eek:

the only reason people buy dells is becuase thier advertising and thier marketing, same reason people buy herbal supplements and stuff, they think they are teh next best thing to sliced bread, but they are really merketware hype! people think they work, but all they are is fancy pills that have a huge price tag, same with dells, they see a cheap pc, they go for it not realizing you get what you pay for. and the flashy ads and stuff makes the icing on the cake thicker. but when you bite down its really nasty inside!

and the thing about the builders.. look if you needed surgeons, would you hire soemone who's never looked inside a human body before? You would want someone with experience! would you trust going to a hospital where they have 70% of the surgeons there not knowing how to operate on any given body part???

and the pushing part. thats why they are so badly built, they only want to push out as many systems as tehy can as fast as they can, often overlooking QUALITY!!! Id rather pay for a quality pc and wait longer then have one thats crap and get it right now!

and also people have reported bad supervisors to dell, they do NOTHING but fire anyone who does complain! they are assholes!!!

you are just as bad as defending goearge bush right now. Only the naive, stupid mass market led morons would defend dell.

arrizx said:
I dont wana fight about this. There are good, and bad points to them, of course, just like with ever other thing. Nothing is perfect, its just that this happened to be a very convient way of getting what i need.

why couldnt you go with one of the nicer companies, or have someone you know custom build you a pc! support eh companies who actually build good systems and aren't mass advertised! what's popular isnt always right!

athlon64fx said:
the only reason people buy dells is becuase thier advertising and thier marketing, same reason people buy herbal supplements and stuff, they think they are teh next best thing to sliced bread, but they are really merketware hype! people think they work, but all they are is fancy pills that have a huge price tag, same with dells, they see a cheap pc, they go for it not realizing you get what you pay for. and the flashy ads and stuff makes the icing on the cake thicker. but when you bite down its really nasty inside!

and the thing about the builders.. look if you needed surgeons, would you hire soemone who's never looked inside a human body before? You would want someone with experience! would you trust going to a hospital where they have 70% of the surgeons there not knowing how to operate on any given body part???

and the pushing part. thats why they are so badly built, they only want to push out as many systems as tehy can as fast as they can, often overlooking QUALITY!!! Id rather pay for a quality pc and wait longer then have one thats crap and get it right now!

and also people have reported bad supervisors to dell, they do NOTHING but fire anyone who does complain! they are assholes!!!

you are just as bad as defending goearge bush right now. Only the naive, stupid mass market led morons would defend dell.

I have to agree with him.
Dell computers aren't perfectly built. I mean, working at Geek Squad, I see a lot of Dells. When you look inside of them, they are really cheap parts assembled together. A good example would be the Dell Optiplex series! Especially the GX520 PC. Those PCs are nothing more than cases with Laptop parts! Even the CD Rom is a laptop CDROM! That's crap!

The truth is, building a PC almost ALWAYS qualifies for higher quality than buying a premade PC.

I've also worked at Circuit City, and we all know the computers there are crap. They will sell you an arm and a leg for a PC that has crappy parts. The programs installed inside are all trial-ware programs! A lot of the parts inside these computers are propreitary (sp?). For example: The Sony Vaio has a proprietary PSU... Upgrading that would be utterly impossible if you're speaking in terms of a better MB. A lot of these PCs have special cases which you have to contact the manafacturer to upgrade/change. Dells are guilty of this. Many times, they put special RAM in their PCs which you can't upgrade unless you called Dell and bought their own special RAM.

I was able to beat that 600 dollar price tag Arrizx bought his Dell for. Those parts are affordable, but high quality. The PC I made was so well balanced, that even today runs faster than most of the computers I've seen coming to Geek Squad (In which many of them have the same or maybe even more memory and faster processor speeds!).

I've seen far too many PCs to be fooled by Dells marketing. Many of you other people should know better as well

yes, also dell does not dual channel RAM, they actually have underclocked thier processors, and they void your warranty instantainously, since most of the time you have to open the damn thing right away becuase there always is soemthing wrong with them, hell my parent's dell's hard drive wasnt even connected!

same goes for a few optiplex's at a company I was supporting! 10 of them DID NOT have hard drives in them at all!

and also I have found some dells with improperly inserted ram chips and someone at dell tried to insert RAM UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! it was crazy!!!

Back
Top Bottom