PSU fan problem

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Alright, just got a new case as many of you know. Now, I need a pretty nice psu, but the problem is, all of them I've been looking at have an exhaust fan on the top of them, my case doesn't have any mesh fan hole etc.. on the top, so with that fan being flush up inside against the top of the case, is that going to be bad, or will there be a little bit of room for it?

No, I just looked at a ton at comp usa, all of them besides the cheap "comp usa" branded ones, had a fan at the top. Unless they want you to have everything upside down :rolleyes:

Let me go look at a few more online..

Use sense. Look everywhere!

micro-atx-power-supply-powmax-230-watt-master-350x350.gif

It is obvious that you need to install the power supply so that the fan faces out the rear of the case and the wires face the front of the case. Make sure the holes on the case match up to the screw holes on the psu. If they do not then you will need to turn the psu upside down. Install the 4 to 6 screws to hold the psu in place. Now make sure the voltage switch on the back of the psu is set to 120 volts for USA and 220 volts for countries overseas. I really don't care how the fans are facing (up or down). As long as I can get it screwed onto the case, it's fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom