Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Quinton McLeod said:

Which is why we all use Open Office!

Open Office isn't bad, but it's not that great. It loads way too slow and when you save you have to wait way longer than Office 2003 Professional. Since I got my Office 2003 Professional for free, I'll just stick with that.

acphenom said:
Mr. Feesh was just talking crap, basically. AMD are complaining about the fact that if I look for a new laptop, the best ones are almost always Celeron M's, not Mobile Semprons, which are much fewer.
well as far as the pentium m's and mobile semprons go. intel wins hands down there. i just think there mobile processors are simply better than AMD's alot of people seem to like the m's and thats why there are so many more of them is becuse the m's do a better job!

omg, this is stupid. i like both AMD and intel. i have a 2.4 intel now. my next computer will be an AMD! :eek:Gasp!

acphenom said:
I have no problem with people charging money, cause we all live in a Capitalist society, where people are selfish, but if you're Bill Gates; richest man in the world with billions on top of billions in US dollars, and you charge like £200 for an office suite. No doubt, MS Office 2003 Pro is top-of-the-range, but £200? Ya know...Bill, you could just maybe cut that by say, £50 and take it easy on the less fortunate...ya...thanks...
Bill gates does not have billions of dollars...he owns a 60 something billion dollar company. He does not have billions in cah, probably only hundreds of millions at the most in cash. But ill agree that ms and its ultilies are overpriced, think about the fact that ms has thousands of employees, an dthese prices help keeep the standard of living as high as it is in the states.

but think about this, if YOU work for a multi-billion dollar company, making software that almost the whole world uses, wouldnt you want to be payed a huge sum of money for what you do? How long do people work on this software? 5 years to develop and refine software, 5 years of working 8 hours a day. Imagine what kind of money it costs to pay those people. Mr. Gates also donates money to charities around the world. He is one of the most generous people. Sure he is rich, but that doesnt mean he is a money hog, or some sort of person that counts his money everyday. Dont mix up being rich and being self centered.

Very well said, Ownage, very well said.

I agree, it takes hours, and days, and sometimes years, to make software, let alone software for the [almost] the world. They from what I heard, go through code after code after code, trying to make their software perfect. [No software really is perfect]

See how much pressure they have to go through to get these things out to the public? I mean, the public doesn't want to wait.

thank you :D Windows XP has millions and millions lines of code. If there was a bug (which there are plenty) they have to review each line of code to find it. It is extremely time consuming.

Yup, which is why making OS's takes a VERY long time. Heck, Service Pack 3 for Windows XP won't be available until next year. Windows Vista won't be available until the end of next year and Internet Explorer 7 won't release until the beginning of 2006. Programming takes a long time, so it's easier said than done. You can't just say they're lazy or something, they just have a lot of work to do.

I would rather wait longer for a quality product, then have a crappy product right now!

I think they should make vista (near) perfect and make it the most stable OS to boot! ( pun intended ;) )

Back
Top Bottom