A8N-SLI vs A8N32-SLI

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
I am looking at the following Asus motherboards:

A8N-SLI Premium, A8N-SLI Deluxe and the A8N32-SLI...

I can see no difference between the Premium and the Deluxe but I notice that the 32-SLI has true x16 SLI and also external SATA on the back panel as opposed to on an expansion slot...

I think that either the Premium or Deluxe would be not only better for my cause (video editing) but also cheaper. I think its better for me because I need all the hard drive space I can get and I will only be using one video card and thus I will not be able to take advantage of SLI graphics.

Can someone point out any other differences in these boards, including features, specifications, etc.

The deluxe model of the A8N has another Gigabit LAN socket and 4more SATAII ports via a solicon chip. Not sure what the Premium offers over that TBH but I'll find out for ya.

How much more is the A8N32 over the A8N then? I havent seen them anywhere over here yet, but the prospect is more than a little tempting and in your case if your only talking a small price difference, it would be worth it for the future resale value IMO.

if u are not planning to have 2 vid cards and put them in sli then the deluxe would be better because it is cheaper, when u have a single vid card in there it runs in 16x mode but when u add a second it goes into 2 8x modes but as your not going to be doing that then the deluxe will be fine also are u planning on overclocking at all?

By the looks of it, all the Premium offers over the Deluxe is an elaborate heatpipe solution on the Northbridge and whatever that crap is by the CPU socket! LOL

If your gonna use the extra SATA ports and maybe make some use of the extra LAN, while not having that much of an interest in SLI or highend gaming, then the Deluxe at the right price, would be an obvious choice.

oh just one thing to mention about the deluxe since i have one the chipset fan that comes with it dies pretty quickly and is extremely loud so if u get that then i suggest getting a new fan at the same time and just replace it right away

I had the deluxe and now i have the premium. The premium is a better board. Its only a few $$$ more than the deluxe, it has better cooling, it has faster PCIx4 slots and its more stable. I am able to OC easier and faster with this board. Definitely...definitely go for the premium over the deluxe, its only a few $$$. Now as for the a8n32, this option was not available to me when i bought my MB or else i would have gone for it. Its not as good as the premium in some areas, but it does have the true SLI 16x slots and i do have 2 vid cards. I would have gone for this, but i believe its much more expensive. For a non-sli system, stick with the premium.

The Premium has everything the Deluxe has plus a heatpipe system inside of the fan on the northbridge.

No graphics card at the moment uses more than 8 lanes, not even a 7800GTX. The Premium is much cheaper so you might as well get that.

Back
Top Bottom