Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

lhuser said:
The black stuff isn't good or is becoming aoutdated. You may have a PC inder $600, but the stuff ain't good in it

Opposed, his PC contains much more better stuff than yours and his 5.1 speaker set must PWN yours

Until someone can prove to me that Dell has superior parts than what I just listed, then there's nothing anyone can say.

Manafacturers don't use high quality stuff like Corsairs or SCSIs in their machines. Nor do they dual channel any of the ram in their PCs. If they do, they charge extra for it. As a matter of fact, Manafacturers don't tell people much about the type of memory inside their machines. They'll say, "1 gig of DDR SDRAM" but won't tell you how fast the ram is or the timings on the ram.

Everything his Dell has this year, I have been able to match a computer of equal value but with lesser cost to his.

arrizx said:
Oh.. well i have yet to find the same laptop from acer, with the same specs and all..

Acers aren't that good anyway. Their laptops have been known to have defective parts. Much of what they use is really low quality (hence it's price).

Quinton Mcleod.. i will say that you are very knowlegable.. but, you seriously need to work on that thing about always being right. As for dell, PC's, they do say the ram timing. They think that people that by from them are complete idiots. Not neccessarly true, but most people wouldnt know what all that extra info means. Thats why they list just the essential stuff.

And.. Acer, they do make a quality product for their price.

arrizx said:
Quinton Mcleod.. i will say that you are very knowlegable.. but, you seriously need to work on that thing about always being right. As for dell, PC's, they do say the ram timing. They think that people that by from them are complete idiots. Not neccessarly true, but most people wouldnt know what all that extra info means. Thats why they list just the essential stuff.

And.. Acer, they do make a quality product for their price.
i completly agree with u, which btw congrats on ur dell purchase! lol :p my brother has a travelmate...400 series or somethin like that? 1.73GHz 512MB ram 60gb HD i think....it's a really nice laptop. i love acer and my 19" LCD is an awesome monitor, especially knowing i payed 280 for it back in spring of last year. so yea i will fight for acer's pride because i find them a good company. and dell laptops arn't bad eather, athlough i don't like their case design...they arn't nessisarly bad but they look kinda cheap in my opinion *shrugs* but u kno it's all a matter of opinion1 :)

alvino said:
Well desktops are a different story. God knows what they use in there...

But the notebooks usually all have the same motherboard and chipset, so you can't exactly choose the crappy brand because Acer makes all the parts for almost all the PC companies (except for Sony). So when you buy a Dell laptop, you're really just paying for Dell's logo and custom chassis. Other than that, you're pretty much buying hardware from Acer.

yes and lenovo made IBM's all this time and HP/Compaq also use acer too!

However, sony Vaio laptops are very nice! I love them. They last a long time, are more sleek and macs, have awesome bettery life, and have nice specs and sonystyle.com gives you more info then the likes of hp,dell...

If I was to buy a Dell, I'd by it! It's nice!

@Quinton: Dell uses the stuff that people won't need to care for it. They are tested. I can Get 1GB DDR Dual Channel for $130 or so

athlon64fx said:
yes and lenovo made IBM's all this time and HP/Compaq also use acer too!

However, sony Vaio laptops are very nice! I love them. They last a long time, are more sleek and macs, have awesome bettery life, and have nice specs and sonystyle.com gives you more info then the likes of hp,dell...

Yeah, Sony laptops are nice, but I don't really like wha they offer.

Quinton McLeod said:

I could build a computer cheaper than that.
I built my gf's computer for 500 bucks including the 17 inch monitor and 5.1 surround sound and shipping. For 600, I could've added water cooling

lol, Like to see you try, its very cheap dude, if you understand what prices are then there.

Go ahead and name all the parts to make it chreaper.

Quinton McLeod said:

Until someone can prove to me that Dell has superior parts than what I just listed, then there's nothing anyone can say.

Manafacturers don't use high quality stuff like Corsairs or SCSIs in their machines. Nor do they dual channel any of the ram in their PCs. If they do, they charge extra for it. As a matter of fact, Manafacturers don't tell people much about the type of memory inside their machines. They'll say, "1 gig of DDR SDRAM" but won't tell you how fast the ram is or the timings on the ram.

Everything his Dell has this year, I have been able to match a computer of equal value but with lesser cost to his.

ok dude you are realy starting to piss everyone off. i agree i can bulid a computer for less then a retail, built one but there is a reason that dell charges a bit more.
1.) they need to make a profit....Duh!
2.)its built so you dont need to spend the time and labor to build it, or insall the os.
3.)you get a warrenty(SP?)
4.) you know that it and all of its parts will work togeather, no cooling issues etc.
5.)they, i think but im not sure, will have an expert do upgrades for you less the if you went into bestbuy or something.
and 6.) most times you get free software for a year or so.

so he probly saved himself some hassels buying that dell................so SHUT THE HELL UP! :mad:

Mr. Feesh said:
ok dude you are realy starting to piss everyone off. i agree i can bulid a computer for less then a retail, built one but there is a reason that dell charges a bit more.
1.) they need to make a profit....Duh!
2.)its built so you dont need to spend the time and labor to build it, or insall the os.
3.)you get a warrenty(SP?)
4.) you know that it and all of its parts will work togeather, no cooling issues etc.
5.)they, i think but im not sure, will have an expert do upgrades for you less the if you went into bestbuy or something.
and 6.) most times you get free software for a year or so.

so he probly saved himself some hassels buying that dell................so SHUT THE HELL UP! :mad:

1. Yes, they do need to make a profit.
2. All the software is included in the price. You dont by it extra. Unless you get an anti virus or, other microsoft items.
3. We do get a warentee. this, for hardware, is no questions asked replacemnet for one year. And for software, you can send it in, or ask them to send you a repair cd. Both are completely free. And i didnt upgrade the warentee.
4. No issues with this computer at all. Its been tested, and retested, and then, shipped out. And if there is a problem, its included in the warentee, (look above)
5. The parts you buy are full price, but installed for free, and long as you dont tamper with the case yourself.
6. We got everything we needed for free, except for the OS, which was included in the origional.

That brings me to a point, he was listing all the parts that he could use, and stuff like that. But what was failed to mention, is that, you never got an OS with that system. So yeah it was cheaper, with the exception of a $120 OS. Because its home edition. And all the other stuff, like microsoft word, is free, unless thats with the OS, i dont know how it comes. But yeah, so your computer is about the same price as the one we got. Dell really only get expensive with their entertainment PC's. The ones for multimedia, and gaming. But the basic Pc that we bought, was very qulity for its price.

And i did save myself alot of hassle. because i needed this for an xmas gift. Lets say i did it your way, i would have to buy all the parts, and hope they all arrived the same day, so i could take a day to build it. And even if i did that, i would hope my dad doesnt go somewhere IN HIS OWN HOUSE so he didnt see what i was doing for him. But, by getting this from dell, i didnt have to put anything together, and its easily hidden, becasue i sent it to my moms work. Everything is inlcuded, and guarenteed to work. And i got FREE 2 day shipping. With a FREE flat panel, and 50 bucks off. SO really, this is a good deal.

And yeah, shut the hell up. You are unwanted here, as far as i am concerined Quinten McLeod.

Back
Top Bottom