ace-host.net is a scam

@papillo

what did you actually buy from them?

seems clear to me that they charge monthly!!!
http://ace-host.net/hostingplans.html

(look at the prices pown the bottom).

how much have they been charging you so far?
and what contract did you take out?

since you're already a customer I'm sure that rather than using their pre-sales support you should actually use their post sales support...

http://esupport.acenet-inc.net/?_a=tickets&_m=submit

I suggest that you try marking it urget!!
I don't see why you can't use this, it's not like you could have even forgotten your details?

regarding 1&1, they annoy me, I have a coupld of domain name packages with them,,,, which they auto renew, they only way to get them to not renew them is to provide a signed autherisation that you don't want it anymore...
yet, I don't see what they are going to compare it against, they've never recieved anything signed from me before! how will they know who it's from?

Anyway...

for hosting... the best way to get hosting is to simply ask for recomendations at a place like this...

Personally I'd recomend Meir hosting, it's a small(ish) company in the north midlands in England, (stoke on trent).

their address is www.meirhosting.net

you can buy domain names, hosting plans, they are cheap and their packages are competative. they are easily conmtactable through email, as well as having a proper support desk.
and they are reliable...

when you do contact them, they are always quite efficiant, (though not immediate, because it's actual people that respond, not stupid autoresponders that try to best match a question to a list of frequently asked questions that you've already seen), and they are helpful and friendly...

with their prices, what you see is what you get...

Anyway...
with relation to ace-hosts...
can you be a little more specific as to what plans you've bought, and whether you just misunderstood the payment terms, because it seems quite cear to me that they are supposed to charge monthly...
if not then I'll have to delete this thread because it's possibly slanderous.

Talk to David about web hosting. Also Buzzstpoint is sharp when it comes to this subject matter. Just leave a message for them. It pays if you have no experince in this to ask around. Blindly buying without knowledge of what you're getting in to is not real smart.

Back
Top Bottom