X800GT or 6600GT???

Yeah that's correct, I need AGP. Is there any other Socket 478 PCI-E motherboard ou there besides that Albatron one or whatever?

Ahh...sorry then. Yeah, the 6800 GS is only PCI-E at the moment...although I've heard some rumors that nVIDIA is coming out with a AGP version of it. :D Either way, go with the X800 GT. It's very nice card for the price and will offer good performance for a while.

Thanks alvino. Woud anyone happen to know if there's any motherboards that are Socket 478 and support PCI-E? I've checked newegg a dozen times and all they have is this Micro ATX ASRock motherboard. I would get it, but it's Micro ATX, something that I know nothing about, and not to mention that they're out of stock...

Hmm...maybe not. When Socket 478 was around, the chipsets only supported AGP. I think all the chipsets that support PCI-E are all Socket LGA 775. Don't take my word for it though...you might want to do some researching to be safe.

Well this sucks. I only have $230 and don't want to have to get new RAM, a new mobo, a new CPU, AND a new video card. Holy smokes...

I guess I'll just get the new RAM and the new video card and get a job and get the new PCI-E and new AMD Athelon CPUs later on.

But before I dismiss the thread, is there any other reliable websites that sell video cards cheap besides Newegg?

Feircepc said:
nope the 6800gs agp version is out!

Really? Well it's your destiny to tell me where...or you will suffer the same fate of that poor soul who chose ignorantly not to tell me where...

Haha...:p

Back
Top Bottom