Best software to learn Typing???

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Hey Guyz, i want to learn typing. I want to know which is the best software for learning to type very fast. I know most of them are FREE, but i can afford to buy it if its really good! Thanks.

*Not sure where to have this thread!

Well, when you say typing, you mean typing faster right? I suggest AIM like above, and also if you can, play a game that has cheat codes in it, even if you can beat the game, just pratice typing all those cheat codes in, first do it at your own speed, then every day you will get faster and faster, or you can just like get a text book open up Microsoft Word and knock yourself out =]. Well... For software, I am not sure, I remember there was a game called The Typing Of The Dead. But yea... Whoops this post is going a bit too long. Alright hope you improve on your typing

coolguy said:
I dont get it!, what do u mean by AIM??

Its like all those other instant msging, like MSN, Yahoo, and such, so
you talk to friends on it..

Aol
Instant
Messenger

Sorry for double post T_T

guyz you got me wrong! see i can type fast, actually pretty good but i type with my own style and does not follow the regular typing like the home row and i use around 4-6 fingers atmost. I want to learn the regular way of typing like typists do. So which is the best software for that? And i got an additional problem in unlearning what all i know to learn the new type of typing!

Err, iono, well if your comfortable with your 4-6 finger typing style then it shouldent matter, but if it really that bad then try this

asdf jkl;
left right
HOME
POSITIONS

err thats all lol i dont no what else =] i say, just go with your own style thats how i do it, whenever i type the "y" it switches from left hand to write hand.

i was trying to learn typing so that i could type very fast without looking at the keyboard. I was learning with this site of late, its very good but mite take long till i get it. The site is http://www.goodtyping.com/default.htm, if anyone knows a better software to learn typing do tell me, thanks.

Mavis Beacon or something like that, i have it and never use it but its great to learn to type, use maybe about 20 minutes a day and you will get better! and also just chatting to friends helps too, even posting on the forums.

Back
Top Bottom