BSOD upon XP Installation

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hi all.
I just got a new computer from the shop today.. It looks awesome. Tis 3.4Ghz, 1gig Ram, 250gig HDD, PCI-Express Radeon X700 SE (with a pci-express motherboard, obviously), and some other stuff.

I told the computer dudes only to build the computer, not to install XP/drivers (i wanted to do this myself). Brang it hope, set it up.. on comes the first problem.

Problem one: The monitor wouldn't turn on (orange light/power-safe mode). I realised i stuck it in the onboard video card slot, not the radeon slot. So i got that going fine.

Problem two: The CD Rom was plugged in fine, yet it couldn't be detected. After many phone calls to the shop we (me/computerdude) managed to find out the problem.. somethin to do with the peripherals.

So i finally get XP starting to install. Here comes my program that i am unable to fix. I rang the shop and they said to bring it in tommorow, but i love investigating so i'ma post here just in case i can get it working before i take it to the shop.

XP starts intiating.. like loading the DLLs into the memory or something (it's the very first screen with Windows XP at the top left and a white bar at the bottom loadin dlls and stuff). At the end of this, it goes "Starting Windows XP" for about 5 seconds. XP is a liar! Because instead of it starting, it gave me a blue screen of death. The instructions were like restart the computer, then remove any newly installed hardware, etc.. None of dat worked. So now i have a brand new computer with no way of getting XP installed.

Thankyou for your time,
-Rhys

Okay, don't worry. The problem was that the BIOS Peripherals needed settings changed to fully tell the motherboard not to use RAID.

Regards
-RhysAndrews

And how did you tell it to do that, I'm having the same problem and don't see anything on RAID in my Bios. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom