Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

i will also add that he said that 'why should people have to pay for software"

cause it takes hard work and effort! why would you work a year on soemthing and not get paid! what an assholic statement torvalds!

and also what if you did make software for free? what's gonna put food on the table of you and your loved ones? day jobs? ha! you wont have the time for 2 jobs+ software writing!

and corporate software companies are the best tince they have a VERY high level of quaility assurance, support to back them up, and also MONEY to keep them afloat to lease teh buildings, pay for the electric/Internet/Networking/telcom/water/other utlities, and then some! how is that software company gonna support themselves? paypal donations? ha! like 200 dollars/mo (the avg for comapnies recieving donations though this system) is gonna pay for a month of food, let alone a 10,000 sq ft office space in rent alone! leasing one of those on avaerage is 12,000/mo+!!! and you cannot get real estate assistance even if you're a non profit organization!

Mr. Feesh was just talking crap, basically. AMD are complaining about the fact that if I look for a new laptop, the best ones are almost always Celeron M's, not Mobile Semprons, which are much fewer.

athlon64fx said:
i will also add that he said that 'why should people have to pay for software"

cause it takes hard work and effort! why would you work a year on soemthing and not get paid! what an assholic statement torvalds!

and also what if you did make software for free? what's gonna put food on the table of you and your loved ones? day jobs? ha! you wont have the time for 2 jobs+ software writing!

and corporate software companies are the best tince they have a VERY high level of quaility assurance, support to back them up, and also MONEY to keep them afloat to lease teh buildings, pay for the electric/Internet/Networking/telcom/water/other utlities, and then some! how is that software company gonna support themselves? paypal donations? ha! like 200 dollars/mo (the avg for comapnies recieving donations though this system) is gonna pay for a month of food, let alone a 10,000 sq ft office space in rent alone! leasing one of those on avaerage is 12,000/mo+!!! and you cannot get real estate assistance even if you're a non profit organization!

Definately. When you pay for software, you help pay for those programmer's hard work and effort. That's why downloading software through P2P networks is BAD! You're stealing someone's work without paying for it. That's the lesson for today, boys and girls! Don't steal! :D

I have no problem with people charging money, cause we all live in a Capitalist society, where people are selfish, but if you're Bill Gates; richest man in the world with billions on top of billions in US dollars, and you charge like £200 for an office suite. No doubt, MS Office 2003 Pro is top-of-the-range, but £200? Ya know...Bill, you could just maybe cut that by say, £50 and take it easy on the less fortunate...ya...thanks...

acphenom said:
I have no problem with people charging money, cause we all live in a Capitalist society, where people are selfish, but if you're Bill Gates; richest man in the world with billions on top of billions in US dollars, and you charge like £200 for an office suite. No doubt, MS Office 2003 Pro is top-of-the-range, but £200? Ya know...Bill, you could just maybe cut that by say, £50 and take it easy on the less fortunate...ya...thanks...

That would make him loose money with his business. I can see him just breaking even now, to not earn anymore money, but damn, those programs have got to take alot of hours to make, thats why its jacked up so high. but he could afford a small loss, but really... who wants to loose money?

acphenom said:

Which is why we all use Open Office!

I seriously think that open source is a bad idea since it poses alot of security risks since the code is right in front of you, unencrypted! Also in the open source world the project leader takes credit for millions of people's work!

also in the business world, if you cant afford to get quality software, or you jsut dont want to since youre stingy, then its bad, since most of those open source freebie software comes with disadvantages, your company has to wait and rely on some unkon entity to reply to your posts in forums, to get an answer to a solution, which companies don't have time for, Most of those you cant just call them up, they have no phone numbers, and if there was they go to 900 number in fiji.

also most of those people that do help on those types of forums, they could be some 13 year old kid out to mess with you. You never know what's truly behind the scenes.

simply put, companies are better off going with the "big guys" who can offer their services faster and actually be helped by a knowledgeable adult. not a whiny biased teenager who does not care if your company loses millions of dollars.

and that's how most open source free lance people are. they really dont care about your company, they are just geeks with toys.

acphenom said:
i totally understand how u feel! not having an income makes it hard 2 afford MS office suite. but with all truthfullness MS doesn't overcharge for the software....office is an amazing suite and many company's wouldn't be so well off without it really... some company's probably make millions just using MS office to present an idea or catch to another company for a contract or somethin like that. and MS offers student and teacher edition for 100 and somthing... i really do understand how u feel but microsoft really isn't overcharging for their sucessful and powerful office suite

Back
Top Bottom