Keyboard mantaince

Mr. Feesh

Baseband Member
I thought I would make a thread on cleaning your keyboard, because nobody wants sticky key when playing a game or making a post at this forum right?
100_0131.jpg

100_0132.jpg

This is my dad's old keyboard. Absolutely full of crap, staples and food mostly. This is a keyboard that was used by 4 different ppl on a regular basis for only about 2 years. So if you have several ppl using your keyboard regularly than i would recommend cleaning it once a year.
What I will do is with all of the keys removed, used canned air to blow the crap out then clean it with a mild cleaner making sure to keep it out of the inside. After that I will run the keys through the dish washer. Then I will replace the keys using another keyboard as a guide. If you don't have another keyboard to use just take a picture before you remove the keys and use that.
But b/c I am lazy here is a link to cover what I missed.
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/maintenance/cleaning-keyboard.htm

iikk
ew...ok..........

At least my keyboard isnt as half as bad as that one..... :|

I wanted to know how to clean my keyboard i was just gunna get the garden hose and take it for a shower...with the keyboard still pluged into the comp..while running..But then again......

*Not do not try that, you could lose not only the keyboard but the whole comp in its-self* :S

But really thank you for that, and how to do it the right way, ive been meaning to do that. Good reminder!

lol nope. and somethig else if you have a mouse with a ball in it or a track ball, its good to clean the crap out of those once a month. but who is still using them anyway.

Um.. the tops of my keys get sticky, because i usually eat at my computer.. ahh well..

Mr. Feesh said:
lol nope. and somethig else if you have a mouse with a ball in it or a track ball, its good to clean the crap out of those once a month. but who is still using them anyway.

Oh g0d! I remeber those mouse's i use to use them when i was at primary school at one stage and my bros old old old comp ages ago
(before when tech was old-ish, then till upgrades started to take force) haha, they were so anoying! The ball was ahh...remeber to get it to move right and all ahhh thank heavens for optical! :D

And, oh , by the way, id never touch that keyboard, and i advise you not to either, lol..

umm. When I eat the food goes into my mouth, not onto the keyboard.. :D

I don't think that anything will clean up that keyboard so that it will look as if it was new. I just usually use some wet paper or something like it and wipe the keys clean. If I need to clean under the keys then I just take a pencil and force the keys off. Sometimes they can fly like 2 meters in some direction so it becomes hard to find all of them. :) But usually they just fly like 5-15 cm so u can find them easily.

Back
Top Bottom