Networkin my router

yoshie1

Baseband Member
my router is Voyager 205 from BT.
it is connected to my pc by either UB or ethernet. im using ethernet to connect since i only have one computer connected.
it gives me an ip as 192.168.1.3 but when i go to other websites it says its is something else like 86.138 ~~~~

so.. when i go to upload sites like rapidshare it says i am already downloading a file which i am not. can anyone tell me how to change my ip address or something

yoshie said:
my router is Voyager 205 from BT.
it is connected to my pc by either UB or ethernet. im using ethernet to connect since i only have one computer connected.
it gives me an ip as 192.168.1.3 but when i go to other websites it says its is something else like 86.138 ~~~~

so.. when i go to upload sites like rapidshare it says i am already downloading a file which i am not. can anyone tell me how to change my ip address or something

Your computer (just like everyone elses) has two IPs. When you connect to the Internet through a router, your router gives you an IP called a "Local IP Address" . This is the IP used by the router to identify your computer within your local network. So, far, that IP is 192.168.1.3. You have another IP called a "Global IP Address" or just "Global IP". This is the IP address used to identify your computer across the globe. That IP is 86.138 ~~~~... :p

You cannot change your global IP address. That address is assigned to you by your ISP. There are ways to "mask" your IP and make places you visit think you're using an IP address that's not really yours. There's also a way to change your local IP address... However, I wouldn't recommend you tinker with that.

um... i did change mi local ip address.. but thats totally fine.. i know how to do that =]

but the maskin programs dont work for me.. dun know y... is that like the proxy server?

yoshie said:
um... i did change mi local ip address.. but thats totally fine.. i know how to do that =]

but the maskin programs dont work for me.. dun know y... is that like the proxy server?

To change your IP, you wil need to use a proxy or NAT-type service...

Go here for proxies: http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

To apply a proxy, go to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections Tab --> Lan settings --> Enter the IP and port on the bottom where it says, "Use a proxy server for your Lan"

Click ok, and go to a website :p

when i used the proxy server my router didnt accept any incoming packets .
not sure what to do.

ive also been having some problems with it now.. it keeps giving me wierd Ip addresses sometimes.

when i reinstalled the drivers and configurations for the router. it doesnt connect and i have to manually retype all the ip addresses and router default gateways stuff.
when i goto 192.168.1.1 i cant rollback the changes i made to the router it just gives me a blank page sayin this page cannot be displayed

yoshie said:
when i used the proxy server my router didnt accept any incoming packets .
not sure what to do.

ive also been having some problems with it now.. it keeps giving me wierd Ip addresses sometimes.

when i reinstalled the drivers and configurations for the router. it doesnt connect and i have to manually retype all the ip addresses and router default gateways stuff.
when i goto 192.168.1.1 i cant rollback the changes i made to the router it just gives me a blank page sayin this page cannot be displayed

You need to click on Bypass proxy server for local addresses first :p
If one proxy doesn't work, try another

hmmm..... not on topic here but what exactly is a proxy :| i hear the name all the time but never learned about what a "proxy server" acctually does!

its like a seperate ip which masks ur original so your using a proxy to view pages and things

any suggestions?

i tried using other programs to switch proxies and they all failed. it just gives me the same IP.

basically..

Back
Top Bottom