super lag!

kchi55

Fully Optimized
im getting 2000 ping on CS.... i use verizon dsl and before building my new comp i always got less than 20 ping in CS 1.6.. my build is fine.. 3800+ X2 AMD...eVGA 6800 GS.. ASUS A8N-E mobo.. i don't know whats wrong.. any ideas?.. btw the error message that i get is cl_flushentitypacket.

2000 ping on every server?
Do other games/programs work fine on the internet? (normal download speeds etc)

U could try reinstalling half life.

its an internet problem or massive amounts of spyware, or even maybe a virus. download microsoft Anti-Spyware and destroy all traces of spyware. but if its a virus, go out and buy an anti-virus program.

IHateDells said:
its an internet problem or massive amounts of spyware, or even maybe a virus. download microsoft Anti-Spyware and destroy all traces of spyware. but if its a virus, go out and buy an anti-virus program.

might aswell get spybot s&d and ad-aware because some anti-spyware program finds some spyware that the other one doesn't. So the more the better.
And for anti-virus, if u don't have one then get either AntiVir or AVG, both can be downloaded for free. (search on google and it will most likely be the 1st link).

But this "btw the error message that i get is cl_flushentitypacket." makes me wonder if the problem is in cs and/or hl.

Try updating your NIC drivers. Also, if you NIC and Modem/Router support it, try changing the configuration from Auto Detect to 100Mb/Full Duplex. Then run ipconfig /release and renew. Or if you are running XP repair your LAN Connection. This will cleanout anything that is resident in your cache..

Back
Top Bottom