Xbox 360 , how to connect?

Kage

Golden Master
Hey, I have a question thats confusing me slightly.

I have a cable connection to the Internet at 2mb/s (Wired...not wireless), and connecting through our NTL digi box and through underground wires.

Now, when I get an Xbox 360 with a Gold Membership, how would I go about connecting it to the connection we have?

Would I need a seperate service? A splitter to use both at once? I'd prefer to not have to pay for a seperate service, and so would rather share the connection between the two.

Sorry, but this is confusing me quite a bit...

EDIT:

I've heard I just need a hub, so thats kewl.

But I have one more question about Xbox Live and the paying it. If using NTL, how do I pay for the service? Do I get a bill? Or will it become a part of NTL's bill?

If your internet is being used by your computer, you need a router to split the internet connection both ways so that your Xbox 360 and PC both get internet. I'm not sure about the bill though...

Right okay.

Xbox Live isn't free though. Thats whats confusing me... So I need to be charged somehow lol

If you buy Xbox Live Gold through Xbox Live, they should ask for an address to send the bill to. If you just buy a Gold Membership card from a store, then you've already paid for it.

Ah right, got it :) Thanks dude!

Middle of January I have to wait!!! gRR...

No problem! Come to think of it...where do you live? Haha...I think I'll come over and visit when you get your Xbox 360. :D

I live in the UK, so it might be hard for you to get there :p

lucky thing that you are actually getting one so quick, im allowed one but my parents want to wait until they release one that is actually bug free!!

Back
Top Bottom