Primary partition losing space??

Kronic

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a 200gb hdd partitioned into 10gb and 190gb partitions..

My C: drive (primary) counted itself down to 188mb space when i was told to delete something to free up space.. i uninstalled a 120mb program and 3.36 off space came back, odd as this is a few hours later im back on 3.32gb and i have not added one single thing, infact i havent been downloading or even browsing my computer...I've wondered if maybe someone has hacked my computer or i have some sort of viruses..maybe its counting down to new years??
thanks

down to 971mb..please if u have any idea this is killing me, i also keep gettin a blue screen

Could be a virus replicating itself I suppose?

Have you run a scan disc? Maybe you are getting bad sectors on your hard drive.

What does the blue screen say???

What happens when u restart the computer? Is the space still missing?

Try to check ur C: drive for any files that shouldn't be as big as they are.

and use the edit button instead of posting 4 times in a row!

Kronic; I'd hate to point this out to you, but, your signature must be a load of crap. How can you run a Celeron on a AMD motherboard? The A7N8X is Socket A (462), it could NOT run a Celeron.. er, you might wanna either get the actual model, or stop lying in your signature.

EOF.

eViLoNe said:
Kronic; I'd hate to point this out to you, but, your signature must be a load of crap. How can you run a Celeron on a AMD motherboard? The A7N8X is Socket A (462), it could NOT run a Celeron.. er, you might wanna either get the actual model, or stop lying in your signature.

EOF.

now that we are talking about his sig...
Kronic, make the sig a max of 5 lines!

first up apologies for the sig..2nd i had that motherboard for a number of years and still have that stuck in my head...

3rd..i was making a new post instead of editing because the space kept counting down

4th. I reinstalled and it continually blue screened. After 4 restarts the monitor started flashing instead of turning on so i changed ram sticks, and it worked, then the computer started blue screening again. After a few more restarts it hasnt blue screen for about 4 hours so im not sure what in the hell is going on

mammikoura, after restarting the space is still gone

Washington, ive scanned with kaspersky and bitdefender and have no viruses, and the disk scan hasnt changed anything

EDIT UPDATE: well since putting my other computers 256mb of ram in it, i have only blue screened once and not lost any hdd space, my 512 stick wont work in this computer but only in my other one :S...quiet confusing though I havent tested to see if the other computer is losing hdd space

Back
Top Bottom