Common Question

Kronic

Baseband Member
hey guys..im goin to seem like sunch a noob askin this. but i want to upgrade within the next year, and ive been reading overlockers.com (great site!) and they said that the AMD Opterons are off the market to the general market now, which sucks balls i know :(..but yeh i know what im talkn about with computers i was just wondering, in a few months what would be an ideal motherboard, cpu, ram and video card to get. I play a few games, but want a bit of muscle, but i mainly use the computer for multimedia such as movies, music and video editing... Sorry i know its so cliche` but i want someone elses opinion..
thanks

well for that kind of stuff, and a muscle machine I would definitly reccomend an AMD Athlon X2 processor and since you do video editing probably 1-2 gb of ram. For playing games, probably an Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX. By the time you are ready to upgrade this stuff should be down to a decent price (if money is an issue). As for motherboards, anything by Asus, MSI or Abit that is a socket 939 will be fine.

thanks for the quick reply..yeh hopefully those parts ARE down in price later, these prices are australian dollars:

2GB (2 x 1GB) Kingston PC3200 DDR Memory Kit - CL3 $349.80
Leadtek GeForce 7800GTX 256MB PCI-Express Graphics Card $786.50
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Socket939 CPU Retail With Dual-Core $544.50
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium nForce4-SLI Socket939 DDR ATX Mainboard With SATAII/Dual RAID/FireWire & Dual Gigabit LAN $291.50

Unfortunatly those are cheapest of the bunch :(

also i want a 500gb hdd and 80gb sata, which totals $584

this will be a problem as im saving money to put a loan on a house? whats more important? outta home or good pc??

well having a good pc is great. But getting ur own place is awesome. I mean, I've lived on my own for like umm. 8 months I think. And not once have I wanted to go back to living with my family.

U can get a good enough computer cheaper buy upgrading ur current one. Unless it's a piece of junk.

Or then just don't waste so much on the computer. :p U could get like a single core processor which would be alot cheaper, but then again it would also decrease the performance. And u could change that 7800GTX to a 6800GS, alot cheaper. And a 6800GS is a great card and will be enough to run almost any game with normal resolution and graphics settings set to high.

true that...yeh sounds good aye, i might skip the 2gb ram

$2000 is quiet a substantial amount to lose out of the odd $80,000 ill have for my loan, so yeah not worth it

Back
Top Bottom