computer coma?

ndsbass said:
im talking like no bios.(or at least no video from bios) im wondering if he corrupted the eeprom or whatever its stored on. i dont no what he did to it all i no is it was working when i messed with it and then he basically screwed with everything. one thing i noticed is he switched the power supply from 115v to 210( or w/e the other setting is) with the little switch in the back, which i am guessing is the supposed to be based on the outlet (fricking idiot). i have had this comp for a while and its worked ok before, i used to turn it on and after about 20 seconds i would get 3 beeps, but yesterday i just took it apart and put it back together (case mod) and everything sounded fine, i.e. i think it passed the POST (isnt that bios though?)since it beeped once but i still dont get anything

@mr. monger - how do i go about doing this?

@TRDcorrolla - i agree foxconn is pretty crappy but what the hell, i am a sucker for cheap stuff. usually foxconn has the lowest prices on mobos on newegg.

Oh yea that happened to me, I thought it would double my power from 115 to 230, but it fried my Powersupply.

i dont think its the power supply though since i tried a different one. maybe it fried my mobo? idk anyways thanks for the help everybody, if u have any more ideas lemme no

ndsbass said:
im talking like no bios.(or at least no video from bios) im wondering if he corrupted the eeprom or whatever its stored on. i dont no what he did to it all i no is it was working when i messed with it and then he basically screwed with everything. one thing i noticed is he switched the power supply from 115v to 210( or w/e the other setting is) with the little switch in the back, which i am guessing is the supposed to be based on the outlet (fricking idiot). i have had this comp for a while and its worked ok before, i used to turn it on and after about 20 seconds i would get 3 beeps, but yesterday i just took it apart and put it back together (case mod) and everything sounded fine, i.e. i think it passed the POST (isnt that bios though?)since it beeped once but i still dont get anything

@mr. monger - how do i go about doing this?

@TRDcorrolla - i agree foxconn is pretty crappy but what the hell, i am a sucker for cheap stuff. usually foxconn has the lowest prices on mobos on newegg.

should be a jumper somewhere. look in your manual.

i unfortunately do not have the manual (could prob find it online but im kinda lazy) however i think i may be able to find the pins. do i need to boot with the jumper on or just put it on and take it off?

ITS WORKING! mr. monger you rock. thanks for the help. i found a pin that was missing a jumper, turns out he had lost the jumper and it was booting into recovery mode. i put a jumper on and wa la, it works. thanks for all the help mr. monger and everybody else who tried to help me. i really appreciate it

i feel so stupid now

thanks again

-ndsbass

If your BIOS is not showing up, try finding a little pin with a thingy on it. SHould be a 3 pronged pin on your motherboard with a black casing thing on it. Look for the words "foxconn" and "BIOS", "eeprom", "Phoenix Award", or whatever. If you find it, pull it off and then stick it on the middle and end piece (the end piece being the one you were'nt using), and then wait 5 minutes, go get something to snack on, or something, then come back and put it on the middle piece and the other end piece. If this doesn't work, then you "buddy" fried your BIOS and you're now screwedz0r. Pretty sure you can get everything out of it and use it, but the BIOS is bad so you have to throw away the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom