Why?

We live because we can. We die because we do. We are on this earth to fulfill a destiny. Who knows? lol... we do what we do because we do.

there is no meaning. i dont understand why people keep trying to explain things that cant be explained. there is no ultimate thing that happens and no heaven or hell. you just die and thats that. people dont realize that the universe is so huge that pretty much nothing we do affects it, therefore life is meaningless for us. you are born, you grow up, you make kids, you die. i would suggest not thinking about it and go do something thats less of a waste of time.

i remember reading in the hitchhikers guide something like: maybe the meaning of life is to answer the question "what is the meaning of life"

or something to that effect. has anyone ready any of the other books in the series? i got this huge book with 7 of them and im almost done i enjoy it so much.

mr.monger said:
there is no meaning. i dont understand why people keep trying to explain things that cant be explained. there is no ultimate thing that happens and no heaven or hell. you just die and thats that.

And how can u be so sure of this? I don't believe in that heaven & hell stuff either, but just how can u be sure?

mr.monger said:
people dont realize that the universe is so huge that pretty much nothing we do affects it, therefore life is meaningless for us.

I agree with u on the fact that there is very little we can do to have even a small effect in the universe. But we can do alot of stuff to this one little planet we reside on. So I'd say that our life is not completerly meaningless.

mammikoura said:
And how can u be so sure of this? I don't believe in that heaven & hell stuff either, but just how can u be sure?

I agree with u on the fact that there is very little we can do to have even a small effect in the universe. But we can do alot of stuff to this one little planet we reside on. So I'd say that our life is not completerly meaningless.

if the only reason we are living it is for ourselves, then there is no point in caring. just do whatever the hell you want.

Blonde said:
HOW DID YOU GET 42!!!??? :confused:

I need working to prove it!!!

The answer was computed by some extremely advanced computer. But the operators thought it was wrong, so the Earth was made to perform the calculation again.

But it got blown up just before it completed its run.

At least, I think that's what happened - I'm reading the book just now, I should know :-/

Back
Top Bottom