Laptop Problem

wilsonator

Baseband Member
I'v got a wirless network set up and my laptop connects to it fine, but when I try to add it to the actual network (as in file sharing network) I have a problem.

As soon as I launch the network set up wizard I get this :

"Cannot complete the network setup wizard.

The wizard detected that this computer belongs to a domain, therefore you cannot use this wizard to set up a network".

The laptop already has a vpn connection set up, could this be the problem?

Please help me as I can't print from the laptop wirlessley. The printer doesn't have a print server but is shared from my host computer which therefore acts as a server. Printing wirlessley from my other computer works fine so therefore its not a router problem just a laptop one.

My sharing network, my actual connection naetwork (as in router) or my vpn connection details?

on the computer that works go to ur MY Computer properties. Once there click on the computer name tab, the click change. at the bottom it will either say member of domain or workgroup. if the computer that works is on a workgroup, go on ur laptop to the same thing and tell it to make it part of that workgroup. reply once uve tried this

0p7!mu$p|2!m3 said:
on the computer that works go to ur MY Computer properties. Once there click on the computer name tab, the click change. at the bottom it will either say member of domain or workgroup. if the computer that works is on a workgroup, go on ur laptop to the same thing and tell it to make it part of that workgroup. reply once uve tried this

I works but I have to stop being a member of a domain to become a member of the workgroup and I don't want this, is their any way round this?

Back
Top Bottom