nVidia vs ATI

prosser13 said:
512MB of memory does not make that much difference over 256MB.

Unless you call 2fps a difference :)

Who said that 512mb will make a big difference? At some old games I bet that there isn't any difference at all, but I think that in new games there is a bigger difference than just a few fps.

I don't have any facts on the increase of fps, I just made a gues.
But if u do have some evidence which tells me that it's only a 2fps increase then please share it with us. :)

prosser13 said:

uhh...
XFX 7800GTX 256mb clock speeds: core: 475MHz mem:1250Mhz
XFX 7800GTX 512mb clock speeds: core: 580MHz mem: 1.7GHz

I don't know if there are any other improvements than the increased memory amount and the clock speeds.

hmm you mean for like maya and 3dstudio max??? well then the ati fire gl series is good. gaming: nividia 7800gtx 512 mb.

supposedly nvidea for games ati for watching videos and video editing..just somethin ive heard..

I think your mixed up...

AMD for games, Intel for video editing...
Those are processors, not video cards :p

Video cards won't help much with video editting when it comes down to it. Its the processor that counts to render all them files.

Kage said:
I think your mixed up...

AMD for games, Intel for video editing...
Those are processors, not video cards :p

Video cards won't help much with video editting when it comes down to it. Its the processor that counts to render all them files.

damn maybe i was stoned when i heard htat..or said it.. :rolleyes:

honestly dont take a side in this debate. neither is really better. you just need to find the best card for your budget that has the features that you have. there are alot of hardcore fans on both sides that flame without thinking

mammikoura said:
Well currently nVidia has the best card around. But it changes, soon ati comes up with a better card, then nVidia releases a new & better card...

I'd say that currently nVidia is better because they have good cards for cheap (6600GT and 6800GS) and have the best card around (7800GTX 512mb).
And I prefer nVidia. Some other ppl prefer ati, so are even so weird that claim that ati has the better card when benchmarks shows that nVidia has the best one at the moment. :)
And some have their reasons for liking ati and will say that ati is better at the moment, which can be true.

But if u go like "nVidia is the best because they have the best card" u might have to change it to "ati is the best because they have the best card" in a few month.

So it's really hard to say which one is better.

Nice way of contradicitng your "7800GTX is better because it shows in the benchmarks".

P.S Give me a link to the benchmarks before I believe it's any better.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter which one is better unless you're talking about OSs. If you run any form of linux, go with nVidia because it is WAYY more compatible than any ATi card, but ATi has the best card for a few more months.

Back
Top Bottom