Other CPUs besides AMD & intel???

Basically what the title says. I am curious to know if AMD and intel are the only companies who make chips. Because in my opinion it seems as though it's a manopoly in the CPU world, you only have two choices of manufacturers, and that to me isn't what I want. So I am curious if there's any other companies that make CPUs.

1337DuD3 said:
Basically what the title says. I am curious to know if AMD and intel are the only companies who make chips. Because in my opinion it seems as though it's a manopoly in the CPU world, you only have two choices of manufacturers, and that to me isn't what I want. So I am curious if there's any other companies that make CPUs.
You totally left out Apple/Mac. They are also one of the big competiters too. The rest are all little companies.

VIA! They totally rule, man. Don't listen to some of the peeps in here who'll moan about the C3's, cause the new C7's are awesome! VIA > AMD > Intel

ya POWERPC, VIA, and Transmetta are the big ones......"BIG". Actually powerpc gets a fair amount of business until they stopped suppplying mac and ibm. Ithink it was a motorolla chipset or somethignlike that.

Back
Top Bottom