CPU Cooling Replacement?

malakian88

Baseband Member
I'm trying to decide what to do with my cooling situation for my CPU. I have an AMD64 3400+ (Clawhammer) that I'm cooling with a Thermaltake Venus 12 (using arctic silver 5). This thing was supposedly heavy duty and I expected it to cool much better than it does. The fan is loud at max (5500 RPM) and I run it that high when i'm playing games. Even though it's running like that, my CPU temps still go up to 53C under load (I was hoping I could get it lower). When I Oc'ed from 2.2 to 2.4, the temps shot up to 59ish . Anyone know if thats a good amount of cooling for my proc with this fan?

For christmas I was consider getting this, my friend suggested it to me. Quieter and seems to be more efficient.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product...dx=165&code=005

Will I get better results with this/worth the upgrade? I am planning on OC'ing my CPU, but with this fan, its starts to heat up way too much.

you realise you did a 200mhz OC your only on Air and not on the coolest running Core either. Id say thats pritty good. The Zalman is a great Heatsink and will cool alot, but im not sure on the temps that you are trying to reach. Anyways that 200mhz is good. If you realy want cool your going to have to get the best or you will be spending money all the time. Save up and run for a Liquid cooling system its not a terrible cost and will keep your cpu cool.

So, is the Zalman worth the upgrade? How do you think the temps would be compared to my thermaltake?

Back
Top Bottom