Overclocking your vid (ATI or nvidia) card!!!! How to do it easily!

my mx4000 can't do optimal lol tho i didn't expect it 2 got it at 340/390 from 275/280 or sumin lol don't make much difference but hey hopefully be able 2 overclock new gfx card better then this o_O also is ati or nvidia cards better for OC'ing?

prosser13 said:
Coolbits must be installed for the clock frenquency things. Just double-click on the exe, and choose OK. Then go to nVidia display and you have new options.

One MAJOR MAJOR thing....many of the newer nVidia cards, such as my 6600, can't use Coolbits to detect optimal frequencies.

To overclock yourself:

1. Up the clock speed on both memory and core 10mhz. Then run Aquamark 3, or an equivlant benchmark. If it runs, game on it for a couple of hours, to stress test it.

2. Repeat until the benchmark is unstable or your games crash - whichever is first. Then, put it down 5mhz, and repeat the test, if not, put it down another 5mhz (to your last stable test), and you've overclocked your graphics card.

3. Don't forget to watch your temperatures!

Again, I take no responsibility for damage or harm, etc done to your PC. It's YOUR choice, risk and responsibility, NOT mine!

Here is how I do it.

1. Core up by 5-10mhz, then run some benchamark (I use aquamarks since it's quite fast) if ur score increases and u don't see any artifacts then repeat this.

2. When u start to see some artifacts or other problems decrease core clock by 5.

3. ^^ same with memory clock.

4. Make a benchmark run for a whole night. If it hasn't crashed during the night then the oc is good. OR u could just play games for the whole night :D But benchmarks use the vid card 100% so if they don't have any problems then there shouldn't be any problems with games.

5. If there still is some problems decrease the clocks by 5mhz untill the problems dissappear.

You restarted it afterwards? Look carefully at the settings and makse sure its there. Quite easy to miss

nvrmind its there. one thing is though i can barely overclock my card 20mhz. whenever i go into everest it says 199mhz normal but on the thing when i open it up it says 400. so something is wrong.

no im talking about my 6200. my 6800s are fine. and i just tried to play far cry and my pc shutoff and nothing was even hot.

Back
Top Bottom