c: drive

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
at my school we always play games like half life and cs all the time but the problem is that there is no C drive to save it to. so everytime u restart the computer all ur data is lost and u ahve to keep reinstalling it. it runs windows 98 and its got that stupid novell client login crap which im thinking if i can bypass it then i can get full clearence to the shcools computer. so if anyone has anyone has any ideas plz comment bck thx

install it to a cd or usb flash drive plug it in login and away you go

(thats what we do ;))

installing it to a harddrive limits you only being able to use that computer to play

we use the network to play doom and soldat :D

Don't you have your own account, either numbers or maybe your name, like MSnyder, or 011449? Then it will be with you no matter what computer you log into..

Ronco Rox said:
at my school we always play games like half life and cs all the time but the problem is that there is no C drive to save it to. so everytime u restart the computer all ur data is lost and u ahve to keep reinstalling it. it runs windows 98 and its got that stupid novell client login crap which im thinking if i can bypass it then i can get full clearence to the shcools computer. so if anyone has anyone has any ideas plz comment bck thx

Here's some info you may want...

The school's computers sound like they use a master image... Meaning that each time you boot the computer, it loads a HD image from the master computer. So, everything gets wiped from C:\ and replaced by whats in the HD Image from the master computer.

Usually there's a network drive... Maybe you should find it.

To hack it:

Turn off the PC. Turn the PC on. Hold CTRL (I think it's control) to get into Safe mode. Go to Control Panel --> Network Settings... Turn the (can't remember the name)... err... The first tab you'll see something that'll say "Novell Client Login" or something. Change it to "Microsoft Family Logon"

Click OK. A loading window will appear. Let it do its thing. When it's done, restart the PC. Once it boots into the Novell Login screen... It'll look a bit... Different... :p... Click Cancel... Tada! You're now the Administrator! Find the network drive and save your games there...

I'm telling you this from the top of my head... So, forgive the terms I use :p

k ill try that but there is no control panel tab and i think they made it into a hidden file but me and my friend used regedit with the script and got into all the programs but still 50 files were hidden but ill c wot happens thx

You need to press F8 rather than Ctrl to enter Safe Mode.

Wait, this is Windows 98. It's F8 in Windows XP at least :p

Back
Top Bottom