If I have 16 hard drives...

tivaelydoc1

In Runtime
...and want to put them in a case that has 12 internal 3.5" slots and 7 5.25" external slots, is there a way I could put the remaining 4 hard drives in the 5.25" slots?

I'm not sure if you can buy mounting kits for hard drives to put them in 5.25" bays, but I do know that you can buy swappable hd enclosures for 5.25" bays that allow you to pull the drive out from the front of your computer. I don't know if you are interested in doing that, but it'd be a way for you to mount your drives in the 5.25" bays.

Why would you want 12 hard drives?
doesn't matter why....he needs help. if you have nothing relevant to post, don't bother posting.

Tommy Boy said:
doesn't matter why....he needs help. if you have nothing relevant to post, don't bother posting.

Tommy... If a person came up to you... (be honest now) ... and asked you how to hook up 12 hard drives to a single computer, what would be your reaction? It is possible... 12 hard drives can be hooked up to a single motherboard... However... 12 hard drives? Makes you want to say, "Why??"

Quinton McLeod said:

Tommy... If a person came up to you... (be honest now) ... and asked you how to hook up 12 hard drives to a single computer, what would be your reaction? It is possible... 12 hard drives can be hooked up to a single motherboard... However... 12 hard drives? Makes you want to say, "Why??"

sure does make you want to ask why....I'm curious as well. But at least if you are going to ask why, make an attempt to help him out also, if you know of something, or have a suggestion post that also. Posts like that are absolutely meaningless.

NoObs :rolleyes:

Heh, thanks. If your wondering, I want 8 500gb hard drives on RAID 5 for my server and 8 73gb 10k rpm hard drives on RAID 1 for my games, which is 292 gb max. I have a 10k budget and I configured it a little bit over 9k.

Basically, yes. You can.

Search some shops, normally you get ones which cool the hard drive as well. There's a dock by Aerogate (or is it Aerocool) which holds 3 or 4 hard drives, and its made to go in behind the Gatewatch, which controls fans. It also has a fan itself :) I think it's Aerocool by the way :)

prosser13 said:
Basically, yes. You can.

Search some shops, normally you get ones which cool the hard drive as well. There's a dock by Aerogate (or is it Aerocool) which holds 3 or 4 hard drives, and its made to go in behind the Gatewatch, which controls fans. It also has a fan itself :) I think it's Aerocool by the way :)

Wait! No! I take that back!
He can't!

He said, "Heh, thanks. If your wondering, I want 8 500gb hard drives on RAID 5 for my server and 8 73gb 10k rpm hard drives on RAID 1 for my games, which is 292 gb max. I have a 10k budget and I configured it a little bit over 9k."

That's 16 hard drives...(Not 12 :/)
Wow!! 8 on Raid 5?!?!?! You're insane!

Then you want 8 73 gig SCSIs?!?!?!
No one buys a computer with that sort of stuff... Are you buying all this stuff legit? Sounds phoney to me

Back
Top Bottom