remote access software

dogface

Solid State Member
I was wondering if there is any software out there that allows you to use your computer at home when you're not there?

In other words, if I'm at work, I have a computer that can't access the internet, can I use the software to access the internet via the home computer?

no u can't.

There is remote access software, but u need to have an internet connection on both of the computers so that they can get a connection between them.

mammikoura said:
no u can't.

There is remote access software, but u need to have an internet connection on both of the computers so that they can get a connection between them.

Thanks.

If I do have internet access from my work comp, but there's a filter on it, can I access my comp at home to get to a site I can't access from work?

For instance if I want to look at an adult site at work, but I can't because of a block can I remote access my comp at home to access that page? :D

You probably can ... but if that's all you want the remote access for, there are other ways in which you could bypass the filters, it's not that hard although i'm going to have to be careful about what i tell you ...

download firefox and use a proxie there very simple and if you can find a good one doesnt slow down the site much

as for you idea of using your computer at home, well if you dragged a network cable from your house to your work then that would help things ;)

135791 said:
download firefox and use a proxie there very simple and if you can find a good one doesnt slow down the site much

Thanx for the replay, excuse my ignorance, but what exactley can I do with the firefox and proxie?

Does that give me the ability to control my computer when I'm not sitting in front of it?

dogface said:
Thanx for the replay, excuse my ignorance, but what exactley can I do with the firefox and proxie?

Does that give me the ability to control my computer when I'm not sitting in front of it?

The following information can get you fired!

*Ahem*
You can use SSH to run a private proxy from home. That's what I do...
Now, at your job, they are probably monitoring your connection there and where you go... If they see a mysterious SSH connection to a local cable IP, they will get very curious and start checking your computer... There is a way to pass that though...

If you switch your SSH listening port to port 80, then you should be alright. It's not as noticable as a connection to port 22... Also, a lot of these businesses don't have time to check every website on every computer. Instead, they have a program that checks ports. If they see a computer is connected to an odd port such as 22, 21 135, 165, 3128 and etc. The program sounds alarms... However, if you're using port 80, then the program is fooled into thinking it's a http connection...

I mean, don't get me wrong. The admins of your job's network could be smarter than you think! They could check the packets sent from your computer and see that they're encrypted and start asking you questions! So, use this info at your own risk!

if you dont want to go to that hassle find a free proxy of a google search that uses port 80

Quinton McLeod said:

The following information can get you fired!

*Ahem*
You can use SSH to run a private proxy from home. That's what I do...
Now, at your job, they are probably monitoring your connection there and where you go... If they see a mysterious SSH connection to a local cable IP, they will get very curious and start checking your computer... There is a way to pass that though...

If you switch your SSH listening port to port 80, then you should be alright. It's not as noticable as a connection to port 22... Also, a lot of these businesses don't have time to check every website on every computer. Instead, they have a program that checks ports. If they see a computer is connected to an odd port such as 22, 21 135, 165, 3128 and etc. The program sounds alarms... However, if you're using port 80, then the program is fooled into thinking it's a http connection...

I mean, don't get me wrong. The admins of your job's network could be smarter than you think! They could check the packets sent from your computer and see that they're encrypted and start asking you questions! So, use this info at your own risk!

Thank you,
Now when I add this I'll be able to access the internet on my home comp from my work comp?

Is that what you're saying?

Back
Top Bottom