My computer may be dead? *URGENT*

well i'd say that ur mobo is toast....and u said everything is running but nothing comes ^, do you use onboard or if u have a graphics card and u have onboard see if that will show anything. otherwise if u can't even get 2 ur bios or anything then yea ur mobo is fried/shorted and u'll have 2 buy a new 1...that sucks...i just blew my families HD cuz i didn't disconnect the power from the computer when i plug the moltex in it, even thought the computer wasn't on the power still was and it made a spark and then it was dead... :(

holy freaking god were you putting in the fans while the pc was ON???

man thats stupid. well anyways, try resetting the bios. do this by finding the jumper and doing like it says in your manual.

Hmm... how odd, when I put the converter from USB > ps2/port? i dont no sorrie i dont know much computer vocabularey, the green one (mouse) and the purple one (keyboard) i put those one, and they worked suprisingly... the light was on for optical mouse same for keyboard, but.... again my moniter dosent turn on... gah... this will cost me a lot of money >.< How do you reset the bios... I have a winxfast nvidia 128mb card

resetting the bios will do nothing, your motherboard is toast. you shorted it out.
hopefully now this will teach you to TURN THE PC OFF, and unplug it from the wall before you do anything inside your pc, unplugging anything, swapping stuff....etc.

I've never heard of such a thing....even the least computer literate person would turn the pc off before doing anything inside. you could have even shocked yourself in the process.

to reset the bios there is a jumper that you have to move then move back, or take the lithium battery out and wait 5 secs then put it back in.

Sounds like the mobo is dead though.. Have fun we've all done it at somepoint. (fried something we really needed)

Tommy Boy said:
resetting the bios will do nothing, your motherboard is toast. you shorted it out.
hopefully now this will teach you to TURN THE PC OFF, and unplug it from the wall before you do anything inside your pc, unplugging anything, swapping stuff....etc.

I've never heard of such a thing....even the least computer literate person would turn the pc off before doing anything inside. you could have even shocked yourself in the process.

Shocked himself?!
Are you kidding? He could've KILLED himself!

Whenever there is a spark and suddenly your computer shuts down, 9 times out of 10, it's dead. You're gonna have to replace the MB.... Sorry DsT...

sigh alright thanks guys, this forum is really helpful, im going to be more active here

Usually to test some stuff, you turn it off. If you would have turned it off and checked by on and off, it would still have been fine and you wouldn't have posted this thread. Unfortunately, it's done. But, you learned from your mistake :) Nothing's bad after all

Back
Top Bottom