need assisstance

kchi55

Fully Optimized
im building my first computer right now.. and i'm wondering if i shud put the ram/cpu/cards into my mobo first or should i install the mobo into the case first?

make sure the mobo fits into the case. Then take it back out put it on the static paper and install the cpu. Then install the RAM. Then install the cards.

Remember the check any jumpers etc and if possible fit any cables to awkardly placed headers. Its also smart to work out where your cards (AGP, PCI etc) are gonna be sitting and remove the relevant blanking plates beforehand aswell.

Personelly I have always stuck the RAM on along with the CPU, but its easy enough to fit it once the MOBO is fitted. Leave your HDD's and optical drives untill the MOBO is installed and its always a good idea to keep a sledgehammer close by, for those little adjustments! ;)

Good luck! :thumby: (this place needs a thumby smiley :()

I would install the cpu and ram into the motherboard with it out of the pc, but install the cards and everything else after you install the motherboard into the case. cards are easier to install that way, otherwise it's too much stuff to line up and get right. you already have to get it into the motherboard backing plate just right and line up the screws.....it's much easier to install the cards later.

Back
Top Bottom