How big is yours?

TRDCorolla said:
I don't think the LCD's refresh the same way CRT's do. I remember when I was using a CRT awhile back, I can see the constant flicker. I bumped up the refresh rate to like 75hertz and it was fine.

On my LCD now, I have it on 60hertz, but I don't see any flicker. Isn't that wierd? I also hear that LCD is more relaxing to a person's eyes. Maybe that's why.

I think that lcd's refresh the whole screen at the same time. CRT's do it from bottom to top. I think.

And as for the refresh rate. It depends on ur eyes. Some like it faster, some slower. Some say that 85 hrz is not as good as 75 hrz.
Well my eyes are like super fast, I can see some really small flickering (nothing so big that it bothers me) while my crt is at 85 hrz. And it can't go any faster.
Unless I come up with some freaky mod :D

rusbo.uk said:
100" literally, ill take pics if you want.
Could you take pics? I've never seen a big screen like that...I want to see yours :D

I run a 17" LCD screen and looks foward getting a 19" or 21"...in that thing...being costy...lol...yeah

I can run a comp without a monitor since I mastered Windows enough to do it

mammikoura said:
I think that lcd's refresh the whole screen at the same time. CRT's do it from bottom to top. I think.

And as for the refresh rate. It depends on ur eyes. Some like it faster, some slower. Some say that 85 hrz is not as good as 75 hrz.
Well my eyes are like super fast, I can see some really small flickering (nothing so big that it bothers me) while my crt is at 85 hrz. And it can't go any faster.
Unless I come up with some freaky mod :D

Top to bottom, i believe.. well thats what it looks like when you look at a moniter in a video camera. MAybe it depends on the moniter too.

As for the flickering, any faster refreshrate then 70, kinda hurts my eyes, i dont understand why, maybe cause its when im in total darkness, exacept for my moniter, and mouse pad.. haha ooh well..

arrizx said:
Top to bottom, i believe.. well thats what it looks like when you look at a moniter in a video camera.

hmmm, yes. I think that it's from top to bottom.
But I have no idea why I said bottom to top. :D
Maybe I'm just too tired. I gues I'll go to sleep soon :)

mammikoura said:
hmmm, yes. I think that it's from top to bottom.
But I have no idea why I said bottom to top. :D
Maybe I'm just too tired. I gues I'll go to sleep soon :)

Lol... Smart one! :D

I used to have a 15 inch and was happy with it before it blew up on me. As soon as I got a 17inch though, I never want to go back to a smaller screen. It just looked so much bigger and better.

Only thing is, it doesn't support a high res, and only manages 1152x864 at 85hz (Its a CRT too), so isn't one of the best...:(

17 inch is plenty though. I've been on a mates that had a 25inch or something monitor, and the image looked like it bent in the middle, and it looked weird. I guess you'd get used to it though, or it might have been the monitor.

I'd definietly want one to support HD res's though if I ever wanted to connect the Xbox 360 or something.

lol you guys are funny...

I voted for
I can run a computer with out a moniter cause im just that cool...
Thats that was quite funny.. :p

No really im not even that close to being that smart to figure out how to..wayyy way way way way way way way way way way(ok well you get the idea) ..off

I got me a 17" (CRT im very sure)
I did have a 15" and that made my eye sight worse i had to wear my glasses it was that bad(even tho i hardly did hehe)
I love 17" its much better, better viewing and everything wouldnt want any smaller ever again...ah!
My other 15" way way crap compared to this 17, and the menu on this one acutally works! so i can change it! :eg' brightness etc ect

Kage said:
it doesn't support a high res, and only manages 1152x864 at 85hz (Its a CRT too), so isn't one of the best...:(

I'd definietly want one to support HD res's though if I ever wanted to connect the Xbox 360 or something.

Ah i remeber us chatting about that just yesty actttttuuuually :p
Freaky! :eek:

side/person note'

*Points*
You!​

get yo butt on msn..now! you me talk now! lol
:p j/k ya dont have to tty 'soon

lol...are you sure that was yesterday?........ It couldn't have been :p

I'm in Uni at the mo, but finished lessons. Prob come home in a bit... when I can be bothered trekking.

Back
Top Bottom