project 64 emulator help

maanico1 said:
does anybody own the psx/n64 usb converter thing... it supposedly allows u to use any of the ps1/2 or n64 controllers, i just received mine but i cant get it to work properly... can anyone help
I played around with one I picked up off Ebay years ago. Just set it up as you would any other USB joypad. :thumby: If your using it with an emulator that doesnt have USB support... hi ho, hi ho, its off to google you go! :p

im using project 64, which im almost certain that they support it, thing it, its as if a whole bunch of buttons are being pressed at the same time. during calibration, the buttons go crazy

maanico1 said:
im using project 64, which im almost certain that they support it, thing it, its as if a whole bunch of buttons are being pressed at the same time. during calibration, the buttons go crazy
Assuming its not a knackered joypad ;) sounds like a software/driver issue to me. Check you've got drivers in that will support however many buttons and that little joystick thingey... They'll no doubt be some generics buired somewhere in XP and if I remember correctly the adaptors do come with a driver CD, so install the contents/drivers of that regardless of what XP tells ya aswell). Hmmm.. I was using an N64 pad the same way your are and project 64 is ringing a bell. TBH I never had much grief with it. It was one of those PS2 touch sensitive pads that finally sent my adapter towards a wall at MachIII! :D

sucky thing is the driver cd is a floppy, and i dont have a flppy drive, also ive read that it mite be an issue with the version of the controller (need version 1.0 instead of 1.1 or something like that) i have no clue

The thing with emulators, especially Nintendo 64 ones is that the programs is basically faking your computer to be that system, and I find the N64 ones are very hard to set up, as there are different video drivers your computer might work better with, and may need seperate downloads, as well as all those memory settings, etc.

I have quite a few emulators and do own the games I use, though the law states 24 hours is the limit if you don't, and then you have to delete. Or at least, this is how some websites save themselves from prosecution.

i think I have used that emulator though, and I don't think its one of the better ones.
Alot you see have many bugs, and you may find you've picked the wrong one for you.

Do a search, and I'm sure you'll find many good ones you can try out. Be careful though.

As long as you have a good Athlon based comp and have a good intergrsated card or a Geforce 4, you're good

Yeah, Nintendo 64 emulators actually take the most out of your system I find.

I haven't tried emulating the latest consoles like Playstation 2, Xbox etc if there are any, but yeah, I think thats the hardest one to get right, and to run fast. Not to mention errors in video that can appear on different games if you don't use the right drivers...
Plus, the ROMS are annoying in the fact that they have to be downloaded, rather than run on a disc like Playstation ones do.

Back
Top Bottom