Need a little info on Inspiron 1150

JesterTLS

Beta member
Hey guys, new to the site.

I have had some issues with my lap top, and wanted to pick the brain's of some computer people not associated with Dell.

I have an Insiron 1150, Pentium 4-3.4, 512 ram, 40 gig hard drive, 17 inch monitor. It doesnt boot up anymore. I did a little research and found that the Dell seems to have a problem with the mother boards in the 1150's. I went to Dell's site and posted on their forum, and came to the conclusion of the problem.

Does anyone know of any recalls, that I am unaware of, or anything of the sort?

Also, can anyone recommend a mother board that is compatible (same chip set and ram type) that is possibly less expensive and/or of another manufacturer?

Needless to say, I am not a computer expert. I do have capable friends that build computers, but the normally only mess with desk tops and only for personal use, but whom I trust to do the work to my puter. Also it is probally obvious I am extremely unpleased with Dell. I had thought they had better products than this. The computer died three weeks after my warranty ran out. That did not set well with me. I guess I should have clicked yes on the warranty extinsion email they sent me. Idiot you say? Yes,I know... :rolleyes:

Any suggestions or points in the right direction to get this $1400 + paper weight back in working order.

Thanks for the information, I figured you guys/ladies could tell me.

You'll have to send it back. Laptops are very hard to fix, as its hard to find the parts. Get Dell to fix it.

Thanks for the reply.

If I have to buy the board from then, then I guess I will, but they will not touch my computer. If my friends cant fix it, then I have fairly good IT at work that will fix it at a reasonable price. But I would just as soon not give Dell another $500 of my money, and risk buying another defective part. But if that is the only option, then I guess it is what I will do.

Just out of my curiosity, who makes the most reliable lap tops? I had an older HP Lap Top and the only issues with it were operating system and protection level, which is my fault and not he computers.

(sorry to sound ill tempered)

Back
Top Bottom