How should I do my OCing

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
Ok so I have been reaching 2.6GHz stable, from 2.2, which isn't much of an increase.

Supposedly my max power I can give out with my 450Watt is 1.584 Volts, is that enough to power my CPU to 2.* or even 3 GHz? Also, I see ram is a big thing in OCing, I never really got that part. I do my OCing in the BIOS and apparently my dram setting is at 333MHz.... I have two 512MG sticks of PC3200 generic ram. What should my settings be for ram, and should that increase my OCing ability?

I'm not sure if this will work but decrease ur ram clock speeds. That should make u able to increase the cpu clock speed even more.

And ofcourse the more volts the better u can oc, but messing with the volts can be dangerous.

mammikoura said:
I'm not sure if this will work but decrease ur ram clock speeds. That should make u able to increase the cpu clock speed even more.

And ofcourse the more volts the better u can oc, but messing with the volts can be dangerous.

Well one of you guys has a 3000 at 2.6Ghz, which is the freq. I'm running at right now on my 3500. If you can OC 600MHz, I should be able to get 2.8GHz stable.

Back
Top Bottom